PDA

View Full Version : Help! Toro ZTR or Kubota garden tractor?

chelseasf
05-01-2002, 04:22 PM
I have about 4 acres to mow, sort of hilly with some trees.

I was looking at a Kubota TG1860, which is 18hp and a 54" deck.

But would something like a Toro Timecutter Z-mower be better for my needs?

The only downside I can see to the Toro is that the Kubota would be able to handle snowplowing, if I decide to do that.

Catcher
05-02-2002, 07:57 AM
Hi there,
if you're considering doing a lot with attachments like rototilling etc. you may be better served going with a nice tractor.
If the most of your work is going to be mowing, why not try a ZTR with a 'front-mounted' deck? This would allow you to attach a blade or snow-blower to the unit as well.
Woods and Grasshopper make some nice models, the decks flip up for easy cleaning and servicing. They are also a bit better constructed than the Toro, featuring heavier gauge material which is welded together instead of the stamped out design of the timecutter.
I used to mow 3 acres with a tractor, took me about 4 hours with pushmowing etc, now I do it all in an hour flat and someone else bought my pushmower. It looks a lot nicer when you're done cutting too.

ple_1969
05-02-2002, 08:15 AM
CHE...

It looks like that you are in NJ. I live in Clinton Township and have been looking for a dealer to demo the Fastrak. Where in NJ are they selling this? Please let me know!

Thanks,
Pete