PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki 19 hp

scagman52
09-17-2009, 01:38 PM
I have a oil leak and I think it is coming from the head gasket. Have you ever changed a head gasket and if so what am I up against? Thanks

Restrorob
09-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Remove the intake manifold and exhaust, Valve covers then loosen rockers and remove push-rods marking each to go back into the hole they came out of. Then remove the head(s) and clean surfaces then re-install everything in reverse order, But the valve clearances will have to be adjusted to factory specs......

If you have never done one before you can drive about two hours north on US19 and I'll do it for ya. http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

JCLawn and more
09-17-2009, 09:35 PM
I think my four wheeler is a little simpler. lol! I would get a engine diagram before starting into it. Knowing how the engine works is priceless. How do you not know if the oil is coming from the head? Have you looked at it?

scagman52
09-18-2009, 07:21 AM
Thanks guys...I have adjusted the valves before so no problem. I went online for a diagram so I think I will give it a shot!

JCLawn and more
09-18-2009, 08:42 PM
good deal. I tore my 4 wheeler apart down to the transmission with no real knowledge of engines to much, but with the diagrams I knew how everything went. They help when you get in a bind.