PDA

View Full Version : Need help please...

dvgross
09-17-2009, 04:44 PM
New to business this year, and need advice on which mower to buy. I am going to purchase a 36" with in the next couple days and have it narrowed down to three. I really want a hydro, and a floating deck, but all advice is welcome. First is the Toro, 17hp, electric start, with the Tbar, and a floating deck on sale for $5495. Second is the Exmark TT, 15hp, floating deck for $4900. Lastly, and one I never anticipated being in the equation is the Wright Stander, 15hp, fixed deck, for $4685, and if I wanted the RH, it would be $1k more. I live in Colorado, and have 10 accounts (all residential) this year, and plan to at least triple the business next year. I am all about laying down perfect stripes, and making lawns look like ball parks, so please factor this into your input. This site is like crack to me. Thanks.

Dave

punt66
09-17-2009, 04:56 PM
why a 36"? You can lay great stripes with any commercial mower. If you plan to grow i would highly suggest a ztr. Your productivity will triple and you wont be worn out at the end of the day. If you still need a 36" for your area because of a few gates then buy a used one for that. I sold all my WB's and if a yard requires one i just wont take it. It has made a easy route full of productivity. Something to think about.