View Full Version : Need help please...

09-17-2009, 04:44 PM
New to business this year, and need advice on which mower to buy. I am going to purchase a 36" with in the next couple days and have it narrowed down to three. I really want a hydro, and a floating deck, but all advice is welcome. First is the Toro, 17hp, electric start, with the Tbar, and a floating deck on sale for $5495. Second is the Exmark TT, 15hp, floating deck for $4900. Lastly, and one I never anticipated being in the equation is the Wright Stander, 15hp, fixed deck, for $4685, and if I wanted the RH, it would be $1k more. I live in Colorado, and have 10 accounts (all residential) this year, and plan to at least triple the business next year. I am all about laying down perfect stripes, and making lawns look like ball parks, so please factor this into your input. This site is like crack to me. Thanks.

09-17-2009, 04:56 PM
why a 36"? You can lay great stripes with any commercial mower. If you plan to grow i would highly suggest a ztr. Your productivity will triple and you wont be worn out at the end of the day. If you still need a 36" for your area because of a few gates then buy a used one for that. I sold all my WB's and if a yard requires one i just wont take it. It has made a easy route full of productivity. Something to think about.