PDA

View Full Version : Two Shindaiwa F 222 Trimmers Bogging Down...Can't figure out

jtkplc
09-17-2009, 04:22 PM
I've done research on here and checked everything that I can think of as to why it's bogging down. I've checked: fuel filter, fuel lines, spark plug, exhaust being plugged, clutch or head issues binding it up. I have two of these trimmers and originally one was bogging down. It would run at idle, but when you pulled the trigger to wide open, it would bog down and only run slightly faster than idle, but the smoke would poor out. I decided to switch carbs with the other F 222 last night to see if that was the problem. With the working carb on the non-working trimmer it still had the problem. But, when I switched the working carb back to the working trimmer, it no longer would rev up. So now I have two F 222 trimmers that are doing the same thing. I'm guessing that I have dirt in the carb or something. Should I possibly buy a rebuild kit for it or buy the entire carb assembly? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Alan0354
09-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Double check all your connection on the good one first. It was working and is not after that!!! You sure your gasket was not rib when you remove from the good trimmer? Double check the gasket and the connections to make sure.

Give it a does of SeaFoam first and then worry about rebuilding the carb.

Breezmister
09-17-2009, 08:38 PM
. But, when I switched the working carb back to the working trimmer, it no longer would rev up. .

So we "know " that this is a good carb. Check the travel of the throttle cable at the carb. It could be sitting cattiewompass, not in the gove in the retainer on the carb it's self or the wrong end of the retainer slot....

If you have good travel at the carb. How does it run at half choke? Get some spray like carb cleaner, brake clean, with the little straw. Spray between the carb and the insulator and between the insulator and the cylinder while the trimmer is running, is there a change ?

bob
09-17-2009, 08:59 PM
When you checked the exhaust, did you take the muffler off & check the exhaust port?
I also assume that you checked the spark arrestor.

jtkplc
09-17-2009, 10:29 PM
When you checked the exhaust, did you take the muffler off & check the exhaust port?
I also assume that you checked the spark arrestor.

I took the muffler off and checked the port. The spark arrestor was clean.

jtkplc
09-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. Tomorrow I will see what I come up with and let you know.