PDA

View Full Version : Mower Shopping

rusty_keg_3
09-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Well, my brother wants to get rid of our Exmark Lazer Z, 60"... He thinks we should sell it, and get a new WB... We dont have many jobs that we really need a 60 ZTR. And i can do all of our jobs with our 48 Metro...

I really wouldnt mind, but we want to go with Exmark... I said lets go hydro, he said "why, more to go wrong" i said ok. I think a 52 or 60 Turftracer, but he wants another Metro...

So, what would you get? Size, Accesories, Floating Deck or not, Hydro or Belt... Please tell why, hope fully we will be demoing some WB's soon... But we will play it by ear.

Any advice would be great, thanks!

mowerbrad
09-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Have you thought about a stand on at all?

If you go with a wb, get an exmark tthp 48 or 52, out a pro slide on it and you'll be all set. A hydro mower will be much nicer than a belt drive mower.

LouisianaLawnboy
09-17-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm through with walk behinds.
Posted via Mobile Device

ALC-GregH
09-18-2009, 08:32 AM
I'm through with walk behinds.
Posted via Mobile Device

let me guess, they stood you up one too many times? LOL :D

rusty_keg_3
09-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Ha, funny stuff, actualy, we stoped at a Everride Scorpion dealer, he has a 48" for 4,500, and im looking online now at them... Tomorrow im calling a Ferris dealer to demo Evolution... (possibly)

52"- Everide $4,300
, i just found this... That dude is over price where i stopped...

STIHL GUY
09-18-2009, 10:59 PM
let me guess, they stood you up one too many times? LOL :D

lol. a stand on may do the trick

mowerdude777
09-18-2009, 11:10 PM
I persoaly love my exmark metro ( i have the hp series) I think a metro is just fine

MikeKle
09-19-2009, 11:32 AM
I would definitely go with the hydro mower, I have a metro and a turf tracer and I prefer to use the hydro. mainly because it has true reverse. I have never had any problems with the hydros but the metro does require opening the transmission every so often and putting in new grease. Some on here think a gear drive is good enough and a hydro is not worth the almost double price tag, but once I got my first hydro I was spoiled! I dont think they make the metro HP with floating deck anymore. most of my mowers are floating deck and I actually like the fixed deck better. Sometimes floating decks will get hung up in the back and you wont notice it for awhile. then you have to go back over what you just cut! But they do not make a big WB with a fixed deck, mainly 48" and under. A exmark Viking might be good for you, hydro with a fixed deck.

rusty_keg_3
09-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Ok, thanks