PDA

View Full Version : Scag Problem

ein999
09-17-2009, 11:46 PM
The mower is a scag 48" Belt drive advantage deck.

The problem is there is a lot of vibration on the large deck belt. I have been running double blades and have just today put a new cluth(pto) on. The old pto got torn up by this vibration im sure because the spindle of the pto sheard loose and started vobbling and making claterring noise as a result of this vibration im guessing. the vibration is on the top long deck belt between the center spindle leading back to the clutch. i cant figure it out. if you want i can show a video of it with the blades engaged to show it or pictures.

This belt vibrates not matter how much i tighten it. A little less when going faster but its still there is this normal? It just doesnt seem like there should be any it seems like it should be free from vibration and run smooth with no belt vibration.

The spindles are at their highest and the blades have no play when you try to feel for loosenes. The only thing i can think of is that some part of the mower is bent or misaligned. I do straddle the mower to its side when doing repairs and sometimes i let it fall a little short and its bangs up the mower only because im tired.

One more thing i want to note is that i do see a little wooble in the spindles when they are spinning fast but its not a lot and seems normal i would have to publisha video for you to see better. The blade bolt shows some wooble in it or maybe its just me. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Sorry for such a long post.

Bedros Demir

LilesLawn
09-17-2009, 11:49 PM
Did you hit anything hard with the mower deck that might have V'd it up or down?

ein999
09-17-2009, 11:54 PM
Like hit what how can you hit anything with it. Are you serious. NO

Did you read my post i said i drop the mower from its side.

so Is there a way to check the deck alingment compare it to the back main frame?

ein999
09-17-2009, 11:55 PM
No but if i get a smart question i might not hit my head against the wall you know what i mean.

Two Seasons
09-18-2009, 12:25 AM
Idler pulley going bad?

ein999
09-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Both idler pulleys are brand new and the pto and both deck belts and transmissions belts are all brand new.

Shasta Lake Landscaping
09-18-2009, 12:52 AM
Does it cut normal? Have you tried it without double blades?

ein999
09-18-2009, 06:57 AM
[QUOTE=Shasta Lake Landscaping;3192434]Does it cut normal? Have you tried it without double blades?[/

Does any one have any help
Posted via Mobile Device

yardmanlee
09-18-2009, 07:14 AM
take your blade belt off and spin each blade by hand and see if there is a wobble, if not then its not the spindles also try it with single blades running and check the blades to see if they are balanced
if that all looks good then that eliminates the deck area

Restrorob
09-18-2009, 08:19 AM
i would have to publisha video for you to see better.

Well,

Make this video happen !

I see no mention of engine size ?

What's the high speed no load rpm's set at ?

All longer belts will have a slapping vibration and there's no way around it, But if the engine rpm's are set too low for the amount of load applied to the belt the vibration will be worse.

WhitakerServices
09-18-2009, 05:03 PM
my 36 scag deck belt slaps when I get it as tight as I think it should be. when I loosen it up a little it runs smoother. If you look accross the top of your pulleys do they look level and true?

ed2hess
09-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Bent blade can make the unit vibrate

Two Seasons
09-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Alot of suggestions, but poster is not willing to take advice.

Take it to a dealer and have them fix your problem!

GraZHopA
09-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Alot of suggestions, but poster is not willing to take advice. Take it to a dealer and have them fix your problem!

I agree! He asked for help, does not supply the necessary information and gets testy when asked for information.

ein999
09-27-2009, 10:51 AM
I get testy because you ask me a silly question like did you hit the deck hard. like how could you hit a lawnmower deck its got wheels in front of it. I think there are good posts but i dont need your 2 cents of biased opions on my post go to the off topic and post your opinion there and frankly gfu.

ein999
09-27-2009, 10:53 AM
read my other post about curbside dumping and everyone is talking about generating fuel with compost which is totally of topic from what i posted. This is what i was talking about i dont need to waste my time i am not a environmental engineer i just need a curbside pickup area. you get my dirft.

MowerMedic77
09-27-2009, 11:46 AM
you get my dirft.

No nobody here gets ur DIRFT

With your attitude, I would suspect your vibration is caused by a bad ID10T switch
Good luck