PDA

View Full Version : Cart/Chair/Dolly for brick saw

Stonehenge
07-16-2000, 07:00 PM
I was checking into the price for an EDCO 14&quot; 9hp saw and didn't see that they offer those carts with the chair attached, where you can just roll the saw where you want it, set it down, sit and cut. <p>I've heard of them and heard they run $400 or so, but haven't seen any. Does EDCO make them, or is it an aftermarket thing?<p>(also, I may need to make a trip to Chicago to buy some tools - the local place (Appleton, WI) quoted $2790 for that saw. It included a waterpump, and I have them checking on what the price would be without it, but I'm sure it won't be less than $2400. I think there's less competition here, so they charge more. Maybe the next rain day I'll drive down with a wad of cash and see what deals I can strike ;)

steveair
07-16-2000, 07:52 PM
&lt;img src = http://content.communities.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=view_photo&ID_Community=Stevesairportpage&ID_Topic=3&IDmessage=6 &gt;<p>Is this what you are looking for?<p>this is made by probst/pave tech, their number is 1-800-728-3832.<p>they will not sell directly, but will give you the number of a supplier who will sell it to you. <p>As with most of their tools, I'm sure the cash register will go &quot;ring, ring&quot; when they give you a price. <p>I've seen the edco table you are looking for I believe. By me, home depot (yikes, bad word around here) rents edco tub saws and they have a stand that comes with it. Was looking at one that had a 4hp honda, 10&quot; blade and the cart and home depot could sell it for around 1400. Maybe you should ask home depot about a price also. I asked them for the 9hp model, but I never had time to get back to them, but they can get it also. <p>As I remember, the cart with the 4hp edco did not have a seat though. It had the wheels though, and sat about a foot and a half off the ground. Was pretty nice.<p>Wish I had some pics of a paver saw stand my old boss had.<p>We had made one for use with a electric tub saw and it was nice. We welded one up and did some custom work.<p>Some nice features we included were:<p>3 pan system - we had it so there was a large 20 gallon tub at the bottom, a tray in the middle, and then the plastic tray from the saw above that. It worked great. Could fill up the bottom (had the pump in the bottom also), and the water would filter through the other 2 so that it pumped only the clean water. Could go for a half day without shutting the saw off and not needing to refill.<p>second - side trays. the stand had two side shelves, one on each side, so that pavers could be placed on them. They were about a foot wide each and the length of the saw. We made them foldable, or had them on hinges so that we could fold them down for transport.<p>The shelves were excellant. When cutting, we would have two guys marking, running the pavers and one guy at the saw. The runners would place the 'to be cut' marked pavers on the right shelf, and then after the cutter cut the paver, he would place them on the left shelf, so when the runners came back they just picked them up while leaving more marked ones on the right side.<p>Wish I had pics of it. Only problem, due to the 'custom' weld job on the frame, it was awlful heavy. Also, had to be drained completely to be moved. but, with a little more work, it could be a excellant design idea. I will try to get some pics if possible.<p>steveair<p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: steveair<p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: steveair<p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: steveair<p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: steveair<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: steveair

paul
07-16-2000, 10:38 PM
Stonehedge, wait one day and I'll call around for you on prices for the saw. Call pavetech on their saw cart we deal with them direct on their tools. We use their cart it makes a world of difference in cutting close to your work. but don't get the seat get the knee pad model it's faster because you can cut with less movement, you mark and cut.<p>----------<br>paul<br>

BRL
07-16-2000, 10:45 PM
Is anybody else having trouble seeing Steve's pictures? Just wondering what I can do different to see them, or if we all can't see them.

Guido
10-22-2000, 03:32 PM
Nope, I can't see the pics either. The saws that we have are both electric and sit up on high legs. I would think this kind of design is better than something you have to kneel down to use. Its not very portable though, once its set up with water in it its a pain in the butt to move without draining.

Does Pavetech have a catalog? I think most of their stuff is made here in Germany (Probst tool) but no supplier close by to me here.