PDA

View Full Version : Looking to purchase 1st Zero turn Toro or Exmark?

harleysville7
09-18-2009, 08:12 AM
Hi,

I am new to this site and just starting to get into some commercial work.

I currently have a Toro 60 Hydro walk, Toro 40 Walk behind and a 21" honda

I am looking onto a few different makes and models.

I really like the Toro's I have and was looking at the new G3 60"

I also was looking at the new Exmark 60".

After searching the forum and seeing some many people unhappy with the quality of the cut I have become a little concerned about purchasing either.

Can someone give me some real insight into the quality of both machines?

And is there a place that you guys buy these brands at a discount?

I have seen a dealer in Tenn. that offers them at a significant discount but, he won't ship them. I would have to pick it up. Not a big deal to save 2k..

tacoma200
09-18-2009, 08:41 AM
The main difference is the deck.After years of running the Exmarks and reading thousands of post by owners of both I can assure you they both have a very high percentage of positive reviews (Ultracut or Turbo Force). There are negative reviews on every brand but fairly rare on Toro/Exmark.
Posted via Mobile Device

harleysville7
09-18-2009, 09:04 AM
What is this Bahia grass everyone is talking about?

I live in Pa and not sure if we have it up here.

Thanks

ALC-GregH
09-18-2009, 09:07 AM

Thanks

We don't. It's southern or warm season grass.
Have you considered Scag? They cut northern grasses very well. I was on a Lazer Z 72; cut yesterday and it clumped up horrible.

tacoma200
09-18-2009, 09:52 AM

Thanks

Most Southern grass is rigid and cuts very well but a few varieties can give a lot of trouble. Some are very wiry. No worry where you are. Weeds and crabgrass will be your biggest test in PA along with wet Spring growth. The Scag velocity does better here when the growth is thick and lush but the Ultra Cut does good during the Summer months when growth is normal. The Ultracut and Turbo Force may need more scraping than a Velocity deck (Scag) in wet, thick,, growth but are very good decks over all. I switched to Scag because of the thick wet growth here but since you didn't ask about anything but Exmark /Toro that is what I answered. The Ultracut is one of my favorite decks but its can't handle a whole lot of the wet thick stuff. There are some trade offs in every deck. You just need to demo to make sure you like the cut. I like all 3, some just do better in certain conditions