PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Navigator????

bakerboy
09-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Does anyone own one of these? Just started looking at them and wanted to know what everyone else thought about them. I am also curious about what you paid for one. I know it depends on what area, but roughly how much did you pay for it. We have both a Walker and Exmark dealer in my location. I have heard that exmarks are a lot cheaper, just wondering how much cheaper, and what is the big difference of the two?

This is my first post. I have been looking around of the website for a couple of weeks and find it a very informative site, so keep up the good work and thanks for the information in advance.

txgrassguy
09-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Do a search - this subject has many posts.

vanncann
09-18-2009, 08:52 AM
I've got a 42" 20 hp Navigator, paid $8500 four years ago. Looking a a new one and are around $10,500 to expensive. It works great no problems at all. Had a walker before the Exmark and it was the worse mower I ever owned. If I made $500 it would cost $600 to keep running with 200+ hours on it. I must have just had a dud but won't buy another.

ALC-GregH
09-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Do a search - this subject has many posts.

Are you serious? THat would be like work to those who feel doing some actual research is a waste of time. They would rather just ask a perfect stranger how much money they spent then to type in a freakin name in google. :hammerhead:

Mowingman
09-18-2009, 10:44 AM
The Exmark's are cheaper because they are not selling well at all. So, big discounts on them. Walker is a much better value for the dollar. Lots more decks and attachments to pick from. I had two Walkers for many years. Beautiful cut and troublefree for as long as I owned them. Each had nearly 2000hrs on them when I sold them, along with my business.
If you want a Walker-quality cut and Walker versatility, buy a Walker.

Kutz Lawns
09-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Are you serious? THat would be like work to those who feel doing some actual research is a waste of time. They would rather just ask a perfect stranger how much money they spent then to type in a freakin name in google. :hammerhead:

Don't give the guy a hard time, it's his first post!

I would go with fuel injected Walker GHS myself and have no experience with the Exmark.

Do a search and you'll find lots of great info on both machines here & it should keep you busy for awhile!

ALC-GregH
09-18-2009, 11:01 AM
Don't give the guy a hard time, it's his first post!

I would go with fuel injected Walker GHS myself and have no experience with the Exmark.

Do a search and you'll find lots of great info on both machines here & it should keep you busy for awhile!

it's his first post but he's been looking around for weeks. When I started my business, I didn't ask any questions, I read thousands of threads, used the web to research any info I was looking for and read a few thousand more threads. I still haven't had to ask any questions pertaining to lawncare. To say, "Exmark Navigator, does anyone own one, then, how much did it cost?" tells me he is lazy. He also mentioned there is a dealer near by. Why doesn't he go to the source and ask the dealer what the price is, he'll be getting it straight from the horses mouth, not someone a 1000 miles away. That's the problem with todays society, they all want it handed to them.

Kutz Lawns
09-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Ditto, I did the exact same thing!

ALC-GregH
09-18-2009, 11:14 AM
Ditto, I did the exact same thing!

Mind you, I'm not a kid, I'm 47 years old (and feel it) but if they only took the initiative to find and learn about what they want rather then just ask someone to do it for them, it would be a few thousand less threads.

grassaholic
09-18-2009, 05:23 PM
it's his first post but he's been looking around for weeks. When I started my business, I didn't ask any questions, I read thousands of threads, used the web to research any info I was looking for and read a few thousand more threads. I still haven't had to ask any questions pertaining to lawncare. To say, "Exmark Navigator, does anyone own one, then, how much did it cost?" tells me he is lazy. He also mentioned there is a dealer near by. Why doesn't he go to the source and ask the dealer what the price is, he'll be getting it straight from the horses mouth, not someone a 1000 miles away. That's the problem with todays society, they all want it handed to them.

Cut the guy some slack. Maybe he isn't very familiar with how to use a forum. Why do you have to post in the thread anyway? If you don't like his question then skip the thread and move on. Maybe he wants to know what others have paid for their Navigator as a comparison to what his local dealer quoted. I'm sure I could go down the list of posts on this forum and type"do a search" for just about every question asked on here. Instead I just ignore those posts. Maybe instead of being rude and putting this guy down for asking a question, you could just skip posting in this thread all together. I'm sure you already know that though, since you are soooo internet forum savy and know everything about lawnmowers from doing searches.

UrbanGreen
09-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Well...I have ran Navigators now for about 3.5 years and can tell you I am selling mine and definitely would never look at getting another one. The quality of the cut is amazing! The simplicity of the machine compared to a Walker is great. For example, you have 8 grease points on the nav vs. like 30 on the walker. The nav has a deeper deck and can cut fescue at 4" beautifully with no stringers left behind.

My problem with them is that I have had my nav blowout gear boxes 5 times, 3 gear box leaks, the main drive shaft shattered after only 700 hrs., the pulleys all had to be replaced, sensors never work, and it goes on and on and on! The damn machine has spent more time in the shop then on my lawns!

I maintain our equipment very well. The lawns that are cut with the nav are very smooth and are nice properties so they are never beat up or anything like that. So to me it is just a poor quality machine. Exmark has been good about taking care of a lot of the problems that I have had however I have also had to throw a whole lot of money into the machine.

I also thought that maybe I just got a bad one but every landscaper I know in my area that run navs have had a lot of the same problems as I have. Also at my dealer when you go into the shop I can always see quite a few navs and maybe a handful of Walkers.

So my advice is stick with the company that puts all of their effort into producing this type of machine and have been producing these machines for a long time and go with a Walker.

terraman21
09-18-2009, 07:29 PM
first of all give the guy some slack the whole point of this site is to help each other not rip each other apart jesus. in regards to the mowers i would by a walker hands down justa better quality machine i have never run the Navigator, but have run a a few walkers in my day and am very impressed runs good and cuts great, also ifyou havent heard Exmark went out of bussiness might not be public news but the factory shut down over 5 weeks ago and has laid off all of there employees. so inturn you can get the exmark mowers cheap but there wil be no parts for them in the next few years just an FYI

UrbanGreen
09-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Terraman21, do you mean the factory that the navigator is produced at is being shut down???:confused::confused:

DLAWNS
09-19-2009, 01:38 AM
First of all to the original poster...I bought a Navigator about a year ago and I love it. I have had no problems with it. I have run Walkers also and just prefer the Navigator personally. I believe I paid about $10,000 for it.

Second of all, to everyone giving him a hard time, get over yourself....when I first joined the forum, I was not familiar with forums. Also, the search feature is not so easy to find....I didn't even know it was there for quite a while...maybe he wanted to get updated prices that may have changed since the last time this was brought up. Just about every topic talked about on here has been discussed at least once.You guys act like if a question has been asked more than once it annoys you....but you guys don't realize it's even more annoying to see all these posts telling people to do a search.

I believe that is incorrect that Exmark is shutting down.

Turf Dawg
09-19-2009, 08:13 AM
I might be wrong, but I hear that Exmark is going to stop producing the Navigators. I demod the Navigator when I bought my Walker and liked the Walker better.

ALC-GregH
09-19-2009, 08:43 AM
I'm sure you already know that though, since you are soooo internet forum savy and know everything about lawnmowers from doing searches.

yes I am and yes I do. :usflag:

Mowingman
09-19-2009, 09:02 AM
This is not correct. You have heard wrong. Exmark shut down to allow excess inventory to be reduced. The Beatrice Nebraska newspaper reported on Sept., 16, 2009, that Exmark has recalled 200 workers and restarted production at the Factory.
Exmark is not out of business.

also ifyou havent heard Exmark went out of bussiness might not be public news but the factory shut down over 5 weeks ago and has laid off all of there employees. so inturn you can get the exmark mowers cheap but there wil be no parts for them in the next few years just an FYI

flatlander42
09-19-2009, 11:04 AM
I've got one and like it.....I love all the guys that say the walker is a better mower, then they also say they have not ran a navigator......hmmmm.....

Go test one, if you like it buy it......same with a walker.....figure it out hands on, the best way!

There is a lot of money on the line, this research is fine. But you need to make sure you look at them in person too!

there is a pic or two in my profile. check em out.....there is also a Navigator stripe thread that got bashed to hell this spring. Look at that and it shows ya what kinda work they do.

johnslandscaping
09-19-2009, 05:03 PM
I have both navs and walkers I like both of them the nav is much nicer and less $$ in my opinion. The walker fill alarm works better then the nav. nav feels quicker not by much also deeper deck, but I would buy either one as long as the price is right.

mcd12
09-19-2009, 08:04 PM
The company i work for has both machines, the walker cuts nicer and is better on slopes. The navigator is faster and stronger, but both are good machines.

chuacro
09-20-2009, 12:01 AM
I am not that smart on this site. If I want a answer to the problem with my honda 216hrc height adjustment problems how would I research or ask about this problem?