PDA

View Full Version : Methods Of Aerating

mcw615
09-18-2009, 10:50 AM
I have seen a few guys out this year aerating with an ATV and a BlueBird pull behind aerator.. I am considering going with this method, seems to get the medium/large jobs done faster and the company can buy me an ATV to use year round :) and then the other thought would be to rent a 21" aerator for a weekend and go knock out the small yards and the small areas I couldn't get with the ATV.

Anyone had experience and thoughts on these two different methods?

buttaluv
09-18-2009, 01:49 PM
that is exactly what I do...The only thing I don't like about it is...well actually there's two things, the ATV turning radius is huge, and I'd like some kind of actuator that raises & lowers the Aerator...I'm thinking a very small lawn tractor with 3-point would be the real ticket!!

ALC-GregH
09-18-2009, 01:59 PM
I use a garden tractor. Works just fine. I have a Grizzly 660 but it is to large for the properties I maintain plus it would rip up the grass (locked rear diff) when turning and make a mess of the job.

tgaskill
09-18-2009, 04:39 PM
I do this, but with my ZTR. Works great. I do have a couple with fenced yards that I have to rent a walk behind but do them all at the same time.