PDA

View Full Version : Scope of Service/Work "Mow Schedule" : HELP!!

txrock
09-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Hello-

I recently started working for a commercial and residential landscape maintenance company that has been in business for 3 years. Currently, I am in the process of updated all the forms, contracts and such. I just came across the 38, 42 and 48 Scope of Service descriptions and really need help!!

Does anyone have a format you may be able to share for your scope of work? More specifically, can anyone tell me the mow schedule for a 38, 42, and 48 annual mow schedule (how many times in each month a property is mowed). Yes, I know I could ask the owner/foreman. However, I am getting different answers and I would like to find the industry standard for these scopes.

Thank you so much in advance!!

MarcSmith
09-18-2009, 03:54 PM
there is no "industry standard" per se.

Grass should not be cut on a schedule, but only when it needs it...So now that we got the BS out of the way...

the type of grass, how much its watered, climate, fertility all play factors on how many cut/visit a yard will need.

In central Florida from april-September we cut every week. October-Nov 2-3 times a month December -Feb 2x a month(maybe one depending on conditions, march 2-3x a month... in south Florida, an Augustine lawn with a mild winter may get 48 cuts a year depending on fert, water, ect...

Here in DC, March 1-2, April-May 4-5 each month June 3-4 July 3 august 2-3 Septemner 3-4, October 4 November 4

Also, the service descriptions may just be how many times a crew will visit a property ABC schedules and not necessarily how time they CUT the property. Ie the lower number for the not so primo sites, low fert, or the prop manager.HO doesn't want to pay for a lot of visits.

I know I did not clear it up any for ya.