PDA

View Full Version : Zturn advice dixie chopper vs deere

CAROLINALAWNMAN1
09-18-2009, 07:05 PM
ok i'm buying a new mower...picked up nice acreage cemetary/school/ballfields etc...it will either be a john deere 48" z820a or dixie chopper classic 50" 2750hp....both are new and $6900...the deere dealer is close and handles my regular service...i know that deere is moving to a new 9 series model and they are really trying to ove the 800's..i am looking for those who have experience with or direct knowledge of these two mowers. Not interested in other mowers. I have done my own research and have decided that one of these two is for me. Looking for info on cut quality, reliability, service, etc. Will eventually get a bag system so info on that is appreciated too. How about the mulch on demand deck for the deere. Southern grasses only here so though that deck might actually work well...thx for the help guys

mjealey
09-18-2009, 07:18 PM
I can tell you this. If there is one thing that deere does have down is the deck. 7-Iron deck leaves a great cut and maybe the best to be honest. There is a lot of negativety about the 800 series, but as long as you get a later 09 you should be fine. I personally like them. Nothing against Dixie, but I would go with Deere. Deere dealers usually carry a lot of parts, so you should be good there.

CAROLINALAWNMAN1
09-18-2009, 08:37 PM
i can tell you this. If there is one thing that deere does have down is the deck. 7-iron deck leaves a great cut and maybe the best to be honest. There is a lot of negativety about the 800 series, but as long as you get a later 09 you should be fine. I personally like them. Nothing against dixie, but i would go with deere. Deere dealers usually carry a lot of parts, so you should be good there.

thx..one of my main concerns is service and dixie doesn't really have too many dealers it looks like

mjealey
09-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah that is one of the main reasons I said Deere. They are really dropping the prices on the 800 series to make room for the new ones.

QualityLawnCare4u
09-18-2009, 08:43 PM
If you are getting a deere, do NOT get any of the 800 series! They have had quite a few problems and I'm sure the dealers would like to unload them. I don't know why deere did away with the 700 series, they are decent mowers.

CAROLINALAWNMAN1
09-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Does anyone have any direct experience with the deere z820a in the south...i will be cutting bermuda..bermuda/mix primarily with some bahia grass problems right now....no real hills here...anyone use the mod deck on these types of souhern turf?

CAROLINALAWNMAN1
09-19-2009, 01:31 PM
does anyone have any direct experience with the deere z820a in the south...i will be cutting bermuda..bermuda/mix primarily with some bahia grass problems right now....no real hills here...anyone use the mod deck on these types of souhern turf?

no one is using these or has experience with these two mowers in the south? Any one?

QualityLawnCare4u
09-19-2009, 01:46 PM
I know one person that purchased one and returned it within a month he had so many problems with it. I am not sure about what kind of cut quality he had with it.. I have owned 3 700 series with the 7 iron deck and they cut burmuda and bahai fine. I think the 800 series has the 7 iron ll but have not looked at them closely.

lawns Etc
09-19-2009, 02:50 PM
I would go Dixie they are built like tanks and easy to work on they stripe very well also. The 800 deeres stay away from I demoed a 850 and a 830 and they were junk IMO vs everything else out there its a shame because the 700s were soo good I would wait on the 900s when they come out to see if the problems are actually fixed. The Dixie classic is a great mower.