PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat Engine Clarification

puppypaws
09-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Bobcat is going to continue using the Generac engine in their mowers. Woods told me this morning their information showed the Generac no longer being listed for their MZ series mowers. I told them their new literature would show the Generac engine being offered on the mowers Bobcat built for their company. I told Bobcat I heard people speak of problems getting parts for Generac engines. I was made to feel assured this would not be a problem with the business relationship Bobcat had with Generac at this time. This gentleman was extremely knowledgeable on the engines used in their applications. He told me some things that are going to be really impressive to the Kawasaki lovers that read these posts, they are on the way, and I'm not speaking of only dfi technology.

Kawasaki cannot keep up with production but will not increase their number of units built. This enables them to get a premium for their engines while not over extending themselves (very smart business sense), something Americans are lacking in. In America if business is good they add on production, overwhelm the market and close plants if the market falters slightly. Japanese maintain the market they have and if business drops it does not overwhelm them, enabling their companies to handle the highs and lows by staying on an even keel.

gunner4green
09-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Bobcat is going to continue using the Generac engine in their mowers. Woods told me this morning their information showed the Generac no longer being listed for their MZ series mowers. I told them their new literature would show the Generac engine being offered on the mowers Bobcat built for their company. I told Bobcat I heard people speak of problems getting parts for Generac engines. I was made to feel assured this would not be a problem with the business relationship Bobcat had with Generac at this time. This gentleman was extremely knowledgeable on the engines used in their applications. He told me some things that are going to be really impressive to the Kawasaki lovers that read these posts, they are on the way, and I'm not speaking of only dfi technology.

Kawasaki cannot keep up with production but will not increase their number of units built. This enables them to get a premium for their engines while not over extending themselves (very smart business sense), something Americans are lacking in. In America if business is good they add on production, overwhelm the market and close plants if the market falters slightly. Japanese maintain the market they have and if business drops it does not overwhelm them, enabling their companies to handle the highs and lows by staying on an even keel.

I can say that this 411 is correct, I too contcated a rep at CGC, or Schillers grounds Care, ( same boys I beleive) and I too was told that the rumors of the bobcat losing the Generac was a farce, and as far as the new technolgy for Kaw motor, there was to much for the rep to explain, but rest assured there are some exciting things comming. I was not told specifically what was gonna happen etc, due me asking about the new 37 dfi kaw in particular. I was told that kaw is having a hard time filling orders :so to speak" but not to lose faith. Im not personally gonna do anything til Spring, but alot can happen between now and then. I hope this helps all you Generac fans, I myself is leaning real hard towards the BB or Bobcat, be safe out there fellas... :usflag:

puppypaws
09-19-2009, 11:28 PM
I can say that this 411 is correct, I too contcated a rep at CGC, or Schillers grounds Care, ( same boys I beleive) and I too was told that the rumors of the bobcat losing the Generac was a farce, and as far as the new technolgy for Kaw motor, there was to much for the rep to explain, but rest assured there are some exciting things comming. I was not told specifically what was gonna happen etc, due me asking about the new 37 dfi kaw in particular. I was told that kaw is having a hard time filling orders :so to speak" but not to lose faith. Im not personally gonna do anything til Spring, but alot can happen between now and then. I hope this helps all you Generac fans, I myself is leaning real hard towards the BB or Bobcat, be safe out there fellas... :usflag:

There are some significant changes in all mower engines coming down the pipe.

gunner4green
09-20-2009, 12:47 PM
would like to read some experiences on some of you pros that have used ,or currently are using generac motors, and what your experiences were are parts and services etc...as well as fuel usages on the generac. any comments on any current dfi kaws out there and there performance would be appreciated... be safe

gunner4green
09-21-2009, 02:11 PM
I didn't press any certain issues with Kaw, but they seem pretty excited with what was gonna happen in the future, the rep I talked to did give up the fact that mechanics had better re-do their shops and get educated, and quick... just a little update... be safe :dancing: