PDA

View Full Version : Is Exmark halting production of the Navigator????

UrbanGreen
09-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Already!!?? I have heard several people say this now and was wondering if anyone knew if this is true? If it is, that wasn't a very long go at it for the nav. I guess they just couldn't break into Walkers market share.

Kutz Lawns
09-18-2009, 08:49 PM
I think that's what happened to the Scag Cougar too!

But it's a great machine and much more versatile than the Walker is, oh well!

UrbanGreen
09-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Well...if they are getting rid of it, this exmarks second attempt at it. The first was the explorer and I dont think it stuck around for long

dishboy
09-18-2009, 09:47 PM

It's 200 lbs heavier , if that's what you call versatile, you have a weaner!

Mowingman
09-18-2009, 09:59 PM
No real selection of decks and no attachments. You call that versatile?? Compared to the Walker, the Navigator is not versatile at all.

Mowingman
09-18-2009, 10:01 PM
There have been rumors that either the Frontrunner or the Navigator, or both, are going away. This was reported to be the last year for one, or both of them. Have not heard any more about Exmark's final decision,

Kutz Lawns
09-19-2009, 08:12 PM
It's 200 lbs heavier , if that's what you call versatile, you have a weaner!

The Cougar is more versatile because you can switch from side discharge, mulching, grass catching all with the same deck!

Yes, you can side discharge per se with a Walker only if you just leave the door open!

As for the weight, it's a definately a heavy duty machine just like all Scags are!

For the ones I've seen that are for sale they bring high money. I bought mine in 2005 and I paid $6000 for it and I know I could probably get at least $4000 with 700 hours on the clock now, not a bad return on investment if you ask me!

Mowingman
09-19-2009, 09:31 PM
THe Scag Cougar was a big dud. They were so unreliable and prone to breakdowns, that Scag quit making them pretty quickly. It cost Scag more in warranty on each machine sold, than they made in profit on eash machine. Plus, they were quickly giving Scag a bad reputation.