PDA

View Full Version : cost of hydro pump for lazer-z???

THEGOLDPRO
09-18-2009, 08:47 PM
as stated one of the hydro pumps on my 07 lazer-z took a dump on me any ideas what its gonna cost me to get it fixed???

P.Services
09-18-2009, 09:18 PM
go to j-thomas.com and find find the exact price. i can tell you though on a turftiger the hydro pump is the same as the one on the bigger exmarks but the exmark one is twice the price for the same thing. (thats if you buy it from the dealer) buy it after market and it will be about 450-550 plus new fluid twice, and two new filters.

wash out the reservoir over and over and over, take off all the lines and wash them out, wash out both wheel motors super good. then when you think its all clean DO IT ALL AGAIN!!!

have you taken it apart yet? whats it look like?

look for chrome and copper in the fluid.

THEGOLDPRO
09-18-2009, 09:19 PM
havent taken it apart yet, was getting dark when i got it home, ill prolly mess with it tomorrow, or sunday.

P.Services
09-18-2009, 09:24 PM
it should have a little white sticker on it, that will have the number listed on it. the hardest part is getting the pulley off the shaft (if its like a scag). shoot some wd-40 or other spermicidal lube on it now so tomorrow you wont be so angry with busted knuckles.

THEGOLDPRO
09-18-2009, 09:27 PM
i might just drop it off to the dealer, i have no patience with stuff like that, i dunno tho we'll see how i feel.

P.Services
09-18-2009, 09:36 PM
ohhhh man dont do that!!!! they are easy to do! if you take it to the dealer you are going to need lube for sure!

start to finish i can swap them out in under a hour, but ive done a few of them.

really they arnt hard, think about the 500 bucks you will save doing it yourself, thats alot of grass to cut. and they will want to put a new wheel motor on it and they will use factory exmark part so it will cost way more then a j-thomas pump.

THEGOLDPRO
09-18-2009, 09:41 PM
yeah i know what you mean, ill have to see how i feel when i start to mess with it, i got a buddy who used to work for the local exmark dealer as a mechanic maybe ill call him to do it for me.