PDA

View Full Version : Any Advice for starting up

Frierson
09-18-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm 15 years old and i am trying to get a decent buisness going without a whole lot of equipment. Any suggstions??

I've got:
1997 GMC Sierra
2 Honda Quadra cuts
Ryobi weed eater
John Deere LT 155 Automatic (not running)
17 cubic foot trailer for JD
commercial edger (not running)
other random tools and handhelds

STIHL GUY
09-18-2009, 11:17 PM
save up and buy commercial trimmers and blowers and equipment. it will cost more up front but will save you tons of $ in the long run

Frierson
09-19-2009, 12:57 PM
like what kind of stuff you think

hackitdown
09-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Well, you need a mower, trimmer, blower and edger to mow lawns. A truck and trailer to move them around. Pretty simple.

93Chevy
09-20-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm 15 years old and i am trying to get a decent buisness going without a whole lot of equipment. Any suggstions??

I've got:
1997 GMC Sierra
2 Honda Quadra cuts
Ryobi weed eater
John Deere LT 155 Automatic (not running)
17 cubic foot trailer for JD
commercial edger (not running)
other random tools and handhelds

Why not get a job with a weekly paycheck? Not trying to talk you out of this, but do you really want to run a business, or do you just want cash?

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance
09-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Why not get a job with a weekly paycheck? Not trying to talk you out of this, but do you really want to run a business, or do you just want cash?

why not do work with a local landscaper on a weekly income and use that to buy equipment?

93Chevy
09-20-2009, 02:48 PM
why not do work with a local landscaper on a weekly income and use that to buy equipment?

Yes, I work for a local landscaper and do my own thing also. Every penny I make with my business gets reinvested. Everything I make with my job goes toward my truck, school, fuel, and saving up to live on my own next year.

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance
09-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Yes, I work for a local landscaper and do my own thing also. Every penny I make with my business gets reinvested. Everything I make with my job goes toward my truck, school, fuel, and saving up to live on my own next year.

i do the same, however, my earnings do not get reinvested.

93Chevy
09-20-2009, 03:13 PM
i do the same, however, my earnings do not get reinvested.

That's a good business strategy.