PDA

View Full Version : Echo gt200r Won't stay running??

bobbyjcorgan
09-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Help! This trimmer starts easily but after about 4 minutes it quits then won't restart till it sits for about 3 to 5 minutes? Different issue, if it's turned at an angle (even with a full tank) it quits after a few seconds? The trimmer is almost new very little time on it (no warranty). Thanks Bobby

Breezmister
09-20-2009, 01:45 AM
Help! This trimmer starts easily but after about 4 minutes it quits then won't restart till it sits for about 3 to 5 minutes?

Sounds like the fuel tank is not venting, could be a bad fuel cap or the tank vent has failed. let it run untill it stops, put your ear down by the cap and open slowly. If you hear a hiss of air, then that is your problem. It should start right up for you again. If the tank has a vent, replace it, if not, replace the cap.

Good Luck and Welcome to LawnSite :drinkup:

bobbyjcorgan
09-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Breezmister,Thanks for the reply! I didn't hear the hiss, and when I got it restarted I loosened the gas cap before starting, It quit purddy quick(15 sec). Any suggestions for me?:usflag:Thanks

Breezmister
09-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Only ran for 15 seconds...I don't think it's a coil problem, but run it and when it stops, check it for spark, no spark, replace the coil.

Inspect the fuel filter, change it if you can and check the fuel line. I'll assume you primed it when you went to restart it, so it might have drawn just enough fuel to fire for a few seconds, this is the way I would go with it.

Good Luck