PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Chevrolet R30 questions

The Good Earth
05-02-2002, 12:26 AM
I am in a bit of a pinch and have some questions for you experts!! When it comes to trucks I am dumb as dumb gets so please bear with me!! :D

Ok, here is my situation. I have a 1988 Chevrolet R30 stakebed. I bought it last year and ran it a little. I was all set to sell it and my partner decided to leave the company. The settlement I gave him was cash and a 1998 K-3500 4x4. I figured no big deal, I still have the '88.

So I start to run the truck this spring and the engine cuts loose. Spun the bearings on the crank. No big deal. It is a 350 and parts are dime a dozen. But I figured if I am gonna keep the truck, I may as well do it right. The engine is due back from the machine shop tomorrow. Bored out 20 over, new cam, double roller timig chain, the whole nine yards. The truck is really mechanically solid now that the engine is redone. All that is left to do is little stuff.

I have searched high and low and can't find the answers to these questions.

First off, it only has a 17 gallon fuel tank. I can't seem to find an aftermarket or OEM tank larger than this for the truck. Is it possible to get a bigger tank or is it better to go with dual tanks.

Secondly the body and interior is pretty dinged up. This is gonna sound stupid but the first thing I really need are sun visors for the interior!!! Sun will flat kill me without them. I can't find these thing anywhere, either. And the body panels. Whenever I call anywhere about new body parts the assume that I am meaning the new design that Chevy came out with in '88. Will '87 panels work on this truck?

Thanks for any input that y'all can help me with. It is sincerly appreciated!:D