PDA

View Full Version : polysand installation and dust control?

LB1234
09-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Was installing some polymetric sand today on a patio and I got to thinking...with all the new state, federal, EPA, township regs going into effect regarding dust control...what can be done about polysand installation?

After all, has to be put down dry and vibrated in. Soon as we turn on the plate the freakin dust from that is all over the place...we have used three different products...they all do it. Not to mention we have to take the blower out and make sure to blow everything off the top of the paver so it doesn't stain it...no avoiding that one, broom just doesn't cut it.

any thoughts?

zedosix
09-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Lay down a non woven sheet of geo tex (the kind you would use behind a ret. wall) and it will keep most of the dust in control, also keeps the brick from scarring.

kootoomootoo
09-19-2009, 11:28 PM
ditto this morning swept and blew off .........neighbor had clothes outside to dry on a line.........going to rain tomorrow..........what do you do.

LB1234
09-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Lay down a non woven sheet of geo tex (the kind you would use behind a ret. wall) and it will keep most of the dust in control, also keeps the brick from scarring.

I have a paver mat, so I'm not worried about scuffing the pavers. I guess I could try the fabric...just seems to be a big pain but I could see where it can/would help a little.

zedosix
09-23-2009, 05:47 AM
You will be surprised by how little dust you breathe when using this method.