PDA

View Full Version : oklahoma city area - employee stole equipment

morefan
09-20-2009, 05:54 PM
An employee decided to help himself to the following:
-6x12 black tandem trailer with 4' sides/ramp. It has a lockable storage box on the front, and trimmer racks on the sides.
-exmark 50" lazer hp triton deck
-echo pb620 backpack blower
-echo srm261T trimmer
-echo pe260 edger
-kawasaki KTF27A trimmer
-John Deere XT140 trimmer with blade attached
-echo hc150 hedge clippers
-21" Ariens w/kawasaki engine
and lots of other misc. tools
I HATE thieves. I really don't know what I'm going to do next. I still owe on the exmark. Da## lazy son of a bi#%# piece of scum sh#t.

Ric3077
09-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Sucks, but if you know it was him can't you just send the cops to his house?

JKOOPERS
09-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Hope you filed a police report. I have put 2 guys in jail the last year for stealing from me. One of them was a guy that worked for me. He asked to borrow a pole saw one weekend and said he would bring it back on monday. Well he got a DWI that weekend and never came back with it. The cops found it in a pawn shop.

morefan
09-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Yes, a report was filed. The police told me that they could go by and make contact, but unless he was caught with items in his possession, not much they could do.
I actually tracked him down last night and confronted him and his wife. Police were dispatched and after a few hours one of his family members finally gave up info. regarding location of my trailer. He had pawned it for a lousy $350.00. I was at the pawn shop first thing this A.M. along with the police. No equipment was on it, but it is my trailer. In fact, before the police and I gained access to the locked area with my trailer, I could see that the tag had been removed, but the locks were intact on the cage and the 2 racks. (odd sight to say the least) I pointed out the locks to the cops and handed over my key. Tag had been removed, but VIN # was still intact. There is no doubt in anyone's mind that it is my trailer. However, tonight, it still sits @ the pawn shop (along with about 15 other trailers that I'm sure are stolen). Minimum 30 days until case goes to court and I get my trailer? Makes NO sense to me. :realmad: Spent a good portion of today checking out other pawn places looking for my equipment. No luck. Many charges being filed against the little bast#@d. (including the felony for the false info. on the pawn ticket). He WILL get his. In the meantime, I'm scrambling for additional equipment, rescheduling some landscaping jobs, and subbing out a few mowing accounts.

JKOOPERS
09-21-2009, 11:14 PM
I feel your pain. I had to buy my stuff back from the pawn and then wait for that ****** bag to go back to court.

P&C Lawn Care
09-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Hey what pawn shop was this at? I had a trailer stolen from Yukon about two months ago. If you can prove its your trailer you should be able to get it back immediately. It is YOUR property. The pawn shop takes the hit for accepting stolen prop. I had a trailer with a Zero Turn mower on it stolen about 12 years ago and I was able to find the mower. I got the mower right back and then the guy went to trial a few months later, he went back to jail for a long time.

morefan
09-23-2009, 10:43 AM
Everyone was telling me minimum 30 days until it goes to court. However, a detective on the case walked it through @ the DA's office, pushed to get paperwork done. I picked up my trailer yesterday. I've talked to a couple of friends with police contacts who say that is very rare that I was able to get it back so quickly.
As far as I'm concerned, it's all a scam. Pawn shops are just like chop shops. There is stolen property being sent out of OKC to South TX and Mexico. I saw nice new Ford trucks and box trucks (TX plates, El Paso address) with Hispanics loading stuff up like crazy. No doubt in my mind where it's going. It's no wonder our law enforcement can't track stolen property. It just made me sick as I went to these pawn shops.

morefan
09-23-2009, 10:49 AM
I'm glad to hear of examples where the scumbag thieves were successfully prosecuted. It gives me hope I'll be able to put Jake away for a long time.

P&C Lawn Care
09-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Hey morefan could you send me a message with what pawn shop it was. I and another guy would like to go see if our trailers might be there. Thanks Glad you got your trailer back. Now maybe you can rcover some other stuff. If there was a pawn ticket maybe the police can contact this guy and cut a deal if you get some of your stuff recovered, He may still have some of it.

morefan
09-24-2009, 09:43 AM
David,
Sorry man, I thought I sent that info. yesterday morn. My trailer was found @ First Cash Pawn @15th and Sooner, Del City.

Shane100
09-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Sorry to hear that. Have you had any more luck finding any of the other equipment? I've been lucky so far, only had a few things come up missing. It would crush my business to take a loss that large. Let me know if you need any mowing subs, I'm available this weekend if you need the help. I have a 62" Ferris and other assorted equipment.

I hope they get this punk off the streets. They really should have a system for getting your stuff back faster!

Shane

brucec32
11-29-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm surprised we don't see more of these threads.

Think about it? Would you let someone you met who doesn't work year round, doesn't have health insurance, doesn't have a steady job history, has no ambition to do better, has little or no education, who often has to be forced to excercise proper personal hygeine and dress, and who you really don't know very well borrow your personal car or hold your wallet for you? Probably not. But some of us let them drive what is literally their livelihoods around all day, hoping that they somehow manage to behave like decent human beings.

The whole "I'll see how cheap I can get my labor" thing has become a death spiral.

Hunch: This isn't this character's first time doing this sort of thing. Did he get a full criminal background check, reference check, and character references before hiring? (probably not, as the job pays such crap you couldn't find people willing to undergo that)

derbydon
11-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Police suck in your area. I really feel your pain! I had a hedge trimmer stolen by and ex-employee who pawned it. After I got a tip, I went to the police and they were great. They got my hedge trimmer back from the guy who bought it from the pawn shop in under a week. Keep the faith.

Jake99
12-02-2009, 10:59 AM
I think you could have seen a magistrate and got orders to move it. Jake
www.IHateaThief.com

Kevin M.
12-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Hey morefan go and shake that detectives hand that shoved your trailer thru the system and tell him if they need anything that you can provide in the future to let him know. Never hurts to be friends with the law since you never know when you might need them

Morgana Leslie
12-29-2009, 08:22 PM
I hope you had/have a copy of the serial numbers of each equipment!! That is a must. Check all pawn shops, flea markets, and ebay!! :waving:

Jake99
12-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Morgana you sound like you know from experience....yes. jake

1idejim
12-31-2009, 10:20 PM
I think you could have seen a magistrate and got orders to move it. Jake
www.IHateaThief.com

jake

christmas eve someone took from my sons truck (3) rifles, (2) shotguns (1) 44mag s&w revolver (mine) plus radios and lights and whatever else they could carry. all of these are older hand me down firearms with a lot of sentimental value attached.

today i got a call from my son saying he found out who stole them and he quickly went next door to kindly ask that they be returned, the five gentlemen quickly agreed to step out and retrieve them.

i'm very proud of my son for being so diplomatic and honest with these gentlemen and hope this puts an end to the thievery in his neighborhood

we also have a number of family on the sheriff's dept, but didn't want to involve them since they are awfully busy this time of year

i like both the website and your choice of weaponry

Jake99
01-01-2010, 05:20 PM
I have many triggers since my trailer was stolen. Keep a kimber 45 under my pillow. I am spending a wad on a new website to be launched in January. It will be good as a front line defense on theft. I will doing even more to the site after it comes online. And selling RFids for id purposes. Might wanna join it and upload your info in case of more trouble. Your son did good to get his stuff back and not mess with the police. They are not experts on that topic.
I wrote something last night that makes a lot of sense.

See what ya think onit.............jake oh yeah the other site will be mefindit.com

The whole idea of an elected sheriff needs to be abobilished. It doesn't work. A long time ago before the constitution was invented we had sheriffs. He was badder than the bad guys. Which still makes it hard to tell the difference. The only thing a sheriff really has to do is get elected. They hire somebody to run the sheriff department. The sheriff can't be fired. The only thing over the sheriff is the FBI. They can't further their careers messing with sheriffs so there is nobody to keep a sheriff straight. The first thing happens to a new sheriff is the lawyers have a secret meeting with him to explain the ropes and how they will get the money to him. You see, the bad guys with money can be cleansed by the lawyers and the money is spread around for forgiveness. All of this is highly secret of course. You will never see the money. Just what it does. You can make the same amount he does but it won't go near as far. You have to look really hard to find one starving. Justice is only a idea that applys to the poor. Money works all the way up to murder. The victims will cry out in anger but nobody can do anything. The only thing that scares a sheriff is the newspaper. The reason the bad guys have more rights than the rest of us because they pay better. The sheriff gets paid to do a job but gets paid more to not do the job by the lawyers who is paid by the bad guys. So who does the sheriff really work for? Not us. It's just a bad joke on us. Make use of the power of the paper. He can't sue you if it true. We need more newspaper sheriffs and abolish that office with someone that has to do the job or get fired. We don't have a sheriff here. Just a politcian.

1idejim
01-01-2010, 05:50 PM
I have many triggers since my trailer was stolen. Keep a kimber 45 under my pillow. I am spending a wad on a new website to be launched in January. It will be good as a front line defense on theft. I will doing even more to the site after it comes online. And selling RFids for id purposes. Might wanna join it and upload your info in case of more trouble. Your son did good to get his stuff back and not mess with the police. They are not experts on that topic.
I wrote something last night that makes a lot of sense.

See what ya think onit.............jake oh yeah the other site will be mefindit.com

The whole idea of an elected sheriff needs to be abobilished. It doesn't work. A long time ago before the constitution was invented we had sheriffs. He was badder than the bad guys. Which still makes it hard to tell the difference. The only thing a sheriff really has to do is get elected. They hire somebody to run the sheriff department. The sheriff can't be fired. The only thing over the sheriff is the FBI. They can't further their careers messing with sheriffs so there is nobody to keep a sheriff straight. The first thing happens to a new sheriff is the lawyers have a secret meeting with him to explain the ropes and how they will get the money to him. You see, the bad guys with money can be cleansed by the lawyers and the money is spread around for forgiveness. All of this is highly secret of course. You will never see the money. Just what it does. You can make the same amount he does but it won't go near as far. You have to look really hard to find one starving. Justice is only a idea that applys to the poor. Money works all the way up to murder. The victims will cry out in anger but nobody can do anything. The only thing that scares a sheriff is the newspaper. The reason the bad guys have more rights than the rest of us because they pay better. The sheriff gets paid to do a job but gets paid more to not do the job by the lawyers who is paid by the bad guys. So who does the sheriff really work for? Not us. It's just a bad joke on us. Make use of the power of the paper. He can't sue you if it true. We need more newspaper sheriffs and abolish that office with someone that has to do the job or get fired. We don't have a sheriff here. Just a politcian.

your pissed off enough to run for sheriff, do it. find out when and where to sign up for the job. as mad as you are, if you can focus your emotions and funnel the energy in the right directions you can build a following that may just put you in the drivers seat.

since the current sheriff isn't doing what needs to be done, you might have the opportunity to replace him and do the job the way the people want it done.

if not, it'll bring the cause to the attention of another leo that wants to make a change.

worst that can happen is that you'll lose and things won't change, but think about all the humor you'll get out of seeing him lambaste you for being unqualified, the humor of that is that the people that follow you might also follow you in business ( $$$$$$$$ ) in your pocket.

i'm sure you could read between the lines on my op :):)

good luck

Jake99
01-01-2010, 06:56 PM
I'M NOT MAD ANYMORE. IT is just the truth. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.
Run for sheriff and lose any morals I had. What am I supposed to do when the lawyers come and tell me MR. Brown does not wanna go to prison. His courier can bring me 100,000 dollars cash to get the investigators to not push this and maybe not get to interview one more witness. I need the money. What ya think the solictor and the judge will do. They do what they always do. They just let a murderer go here in Greenville,SC a month ago where he run a maserati thru somebody's home. He was a multi-millionare. He could wipe his ass with a 100,000 no problem.

Jake99
01-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I got people wanting me to run for sheriff or county council. I would try to overthrow the goverment. Don't like the F******kers. They are all crooked. It is what the dollar does to ya. It would do it to me. I poor. Power is money. Morals is not needed. The dollar pays for that. It will be ok. A few will raise hell but they will get over it. Dat's how it works in America.

Jake99
01-01-2010, 07:20 PM
The sheriff here delievered papers for the clerk of court for many years. Didn't make crap. None of em do. Run for sheriff and shortly thereafter was paying taxes on 404,000 dollars house. Building 3 fish ponds ona 100 acres. He makes around 50,000 dollars a yr.
I put crap in the paper sometimes on every page. Cost me about 4,000 dollars and turned into the newspaper sheriff. Become a celebrity here. Will say what I think. Nobody could believe they didn't kill me. I was messing with some very bad people. The sheriff and his main investigator. They threaten to sue and I told em I wish they would. Still telling em 2 yrs later. Just give more publicity to them. I ain't got nuttin so what they gonna get? Where they gonna find a jury that won't laugh.? They not. Alot of my newspaper stories are on www.thenewspapersheriff.com Look at the one says hartwell must read. It will read it to you. It is a true story that happened to me. The investigators here don't know wood from metal. Is quite sad and funny too. I put that in the paper and the radio station put it on the air. Didn't think it was true. They just helped me even more publicity on how stupid the sheriff dept really is. That was a few yrs ago and still are no better now. The second anniversary of my trailer still gone is 1-10-2010. Might remind everybody in the paper this year.

Jake99
01-01-2010, 07:29 PM
His name is Sheriff Ricky Chastain. I named his place "The Chastain dela rosa grande".
I named the old jail after him since nobody in there. "The Chastonian"

If he a sheriff, then I am a preacher.

No I not mad, that was 2 yrs a go. I am building the dam best anti-theft website on this planet because of this ****. See I no preacher!!!

Jake99
01-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Thurs. nite about 11:00 I recieved a call from a sheriff's dept. investigator. He stated that he had followed a subject from my shop with a load of scrap metal and had got him stopped on 127. I told him I would be right there. My son (Alex) and I got up and about jumped through our pants. Alex was out the door before me and had a big metal flashlight. Alex said they didn't get anything. I know the guy and he wouldn't steal a drink of water. So I told Alex this might be a trick to get me out of the house. So we went back to bed. I laid there about a minute and told Alex lets get back up. I know what to do. We took off up the road about fast as the four wheeler would go with the lights off.  We run up the gravel road and went left. There was all the blue lights. We stopped before getting there and could see that this was none of our business. So went back home and back to bed. I told Alex they are wanting to arrest somebody so bad a load wood looks likes scrap metal to them. We laughed so hard we almost didn't make it back. About 20 minutes later, the investigator is in my yard. We go out to see what he wants. He wants to know why we not show up. I said it sounded like a trick to me but we did show up. You couldn't see us but we could see you. He wanted to know why we wouldn't answer the phone again. Well we wasn't at home. We were in the woods looking at you looking at the wood that looks like metal. I show him my radar on the M-16. And he wants to buy it. Nope. Then he wants my trailer. I tell him it belongs to Jerry Campbell and give me a thousand. He said "I only have 6 dollars in my pocket". He goes over there getting closer to it and I ask him not to touch it. That would set off a bunch a phone calls. Anyway he left, I didn't get arrested or tricked, and I made sure to waive at him when he left. Sheriff Chast stain dela rosa grond day. Why out of all the people on god's green earth, why did he call a fool like me with a boo boo like this before he knew what he had? He said he had a tip that my trailer is in hartwell. But he hasn't notified authorities to be on the look out for it. Wouldn't it make good sense to do that? I hope yall never find it.  Let Toby Dillard get the credit for solving the most famous case in Laurens history. I think this is going to be my last one. I don't have the money to keep doing this. I have found it interesting that no one has come to Ricky's rescue on this attack or told me to shut the up. I recieved a lot of phone calls about the sheriff's dept. not doing their job. I have had alot of deputies waiving at me I don't know. I certainly hope and pray that Toby Dillard is our next sheriff. I am confident that he will do a good job. The E M S in Union tells me they don't have this trailer stealing problem over there. I think Toby will figure it out and we can get back to normal next year. Later. (I have jerkwater sticker's for $3.00) Get you one.."the jake"

The picture of the truck is on me website: www.thenewspapersheriif.com
click on stories,hartwell must read, a load of wood

Jake99
01-01-2010, 07:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgir8D1IFKM

alf500series
01-02-2010, 10:32 AM
feel ur pain man---had the same kinda thing happen to me this summer. broke out the window in my truck and drove away with everything. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=292234

i would also check with storage facilities. that seems to be what they do around here. rent a storage facility for a few months until the items are forgotten about-bring them out and sell them. it happens quite a bit.

another avenue---find someone who hangs out in the "wrong crowd-or has connections" and offer them a no questions reward to find ur stuff.

Jake99
01-02-2010, 10:54 AM
I think that we are going to have to learn to take care of investigating things ourself like you did. We need a way of communicating and sharing intell on the subject so all can benefit from the knowledge. Everybody does NOT do the stealing kind of work but we need a way of knowing who does. My new website is controlled the people not me. That is what will work. Involving the police is not effective. They are too busy with other things. Our county councils are not going to spend money on thefts. I hope to start a movement in America that will catch on. What you did for yourself, you could do for others. What you need is too know what to look for and a thank you. A reward is nice but not required for most of us. Most people report a loss to the police and the info basically gets buried from there. Better for the thieves. The whole dam situation of this is all in their favor not ours. MeFindit.com idea puts the information in the public domain by the public. You can report it to the police if you want but I'm not going to tell em unless they are a member of the site. They pick and choose which they will investigate but mostly it amounts to sitting on their butt and waiting for the phone to ring. Even when they get the phone call about who and where, don't expect them to get a wheel or turn on any blue lights. Unlikely event. Even the buzzards won't be flying over it. Pretty sad but is exactly how it works. The problem is ours. jake

Jake99
01-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Check this out.............. www.gadgettrak.com

What you can do.......is get you an Ipod Touch at wallyturd. Then download free and no monthly fine a program dat equals a gps tracker. Leave said tracker wid yo stuff. When they turn it on.........you git e-mail wid where they at. Dat's their arse right thar. You spent 150-200 dinaros. Not bad to git zero bak............hummmmmmm

--dR.jake,sc

Jake99
01-02-2010, 11:30 AM
This is smart.......have a look see UT-OH can't read it.........goto site

Jake99
01-02-2010, 11:38 AM
You make your account with them and then report it stolen. They have to turn it on or no go. Think they turn on.............hell yeah. call 911 and git tha fat boys to go wid ya wid the glocks. Or just go rip them off with a candle. Up to you but smart. Don't forget to leave the cord widdit. It charges up by plugging into usb ona computer.

Jake99
01-02-2010, 11:46 AM
You make an account and report it stolen. They can tell you where it is. Pretty cheap trick to find a thief. They must turn it on to work. You git an e-mail that it works and can test it. You can put it on your computer too. Have to pay a little for that but not bad. It free on the ipod. jake