PDA

View Full Version : Overseed or CGM

buddhaman
09-21-2009, 11:29 AM
I was wondering what opionions are on either overseeding in the fall, or applying a heavy dose of cgm. I have a lawn that has a few bare spots and a lot of weeds. Am I better to apply the cgm now and in the spring at a heavy rate to help prevent more weeds next year? Or should I aerate the lawn and overseed this fall and apply cgm in the spring? I have never used cgm but am interested to see the results. Thanks

Smallaxe
09-22-2009, 10:17 AM
I never use any kind of pre-m in lawns, let alone one that is going to inhibit for several years! The reason it will inhibit for several years is because it takes several years for it to reach its 80% effectiveness.

Grow grass instead of stifling weeds and the problems should take care of themselves.

Kiril
09-22-2009, 10:20 AM
The reason it will inhibit for several years is because it takes several years for it to reach its 80% effectiveness.

Reference please.

Smallaxe
09-23-2009, 08:19 AM
Reference please.

:laugh: Reference any organic nut with anecdotal tales you want. :laugh:

Speaking of which ... no one ever answered my question about : "how would you overseed if you are building up the pre-m effect over a 2 year period?"

Just like I never get an answer to when the squirt and fert guys would be able to overseed.

Kiril
09-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Speaking of which ... no one ever answered my question about : "how would you overseed if you are building up the pre-m effect over a 2 year period?"

Find the reference and you will have answered your own question.

nc-jrock
09-23-2009, 09:13 AM
I was wondering what opionions are on either overseeding in the fall, or applying a heavy dose of cgm. I have a lawn that has a few bare spots and a lot of weeds. Am I better to apply the cgm now and in the spring at a heavy rate to help prevent more weeds next year? Or should I aerate the lawn and overseed this fall and apply cgm in the spring? I have never used cgm but am interested to see the results. Thanks

I would aerate and over seed now and then do the cgm in the spring.