PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Quick! How much for aeration???

cjslawn
09-21-2009, 01:11 PM
I have only done a few aerations, and usually just for friends, so I am not sure of how to figure an accurate quote. I can rent aerator for nothing as I have a family member at a local rental store, so that is not an issue.
The lawn in question is a standard residential lot with about 6,000 sq. ft., few obstacles and a fence in rear. Customer wants quote for for 1 direction and 2 direction aeration, I suggested he have it done in both directions. I would like start doing more, just not sure how to quote and be competitive. I am located in central IN if that makes a difference. Thanks for the help.

hackitdown
09-21-2009, 04:54 PM
I have only done a few aerations, and usually just for friends, so I am not sure of how to figure an accurate quote. I can rent aerator for nothing as I have a family member at a local rental store, so that is not an issue.
The lawn in question is a standard residential lot with about 6,000 sq. ft., few obstacles and a fence in rear. Customer wants quote for for 1 direction and 2 direction aeration, I suggested he have it done in both directions. I would like start doing more, just not sure how to quote and be competitive. I am located in central IN if that makes a difference. Thanks for the help.

Around here the going rate is $20 per 1000 sq/ft of lawn. So $20 x 6 = $120.

SangerLawn
09-21-2009, 06:59 PM
We charge 2 and half times the mowing cost. So a $30.00 mowing lawn would cost $75.00 for aeration. We do everything twice making a + pattern in the lawn. anything less really doesn’t do to much.

Exact Rototilling
10-29-2009, 12:10 AM
We charge 2 and half times the mowing cost. So a $30.00 mowing lawn would cost $75.00 for aeration. We do everything twice making a + pattern in the lawn. anything less really doesnít do to much.I'm assuming your marketing it as a double pass aeration?

Glenn Lawn Care
10-29-2009, 12:29 AM
i charge double the mowing price, and if i dont cut there yard, i figure out how much i would cut there grass for and double it. i have made a ton of money the past month with this system

silverado212
10-29-2009, 07:41 PM
I double my mowing price. Like said above $40 cut = $80 aeration.

mdlwn1
10-29-2009, 07:49 PM
We charge 2 and half times the mowing cost. So a $30.00 mowing lawn would cost $75.00 for aeration. We do everything twice making a + pattern in the lawn. anything less really doesn’t do to much.

Do not do a + pattern on 6k ft. The holes combine WAY too often. The same is true on larges areas but becomes less of a factor. Use a diamond or any pattern where the two directions cannot combine.