PDA

View Full Version : Echo pb755

SMALLTIME22
09-21-2009, 01:08 PM
My echo PB755 has never felt like it had as much power as our older PB751 (i think). Now it is running poorly when in the "run" position and seems to run better at half choke than it does when in "run". I was thinking it may not be getting enough fuel but the fuel filter and lines all seem ok. There is no buildup in the exhaust screen either.

Does this sound like a carb issue?
Simple fix?

ed2hess
09-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Adjust the high needle......I am guessing those are plugged with plastic so you have to get plastic out first.

hotwired
03-06-2010, 01:47 PM
I think it would be great to have a sticky with how to actually find and adjust these screws specifically on the PB755. Currently, I buy them then sell them after 2 years because I've not been able to find the adjustment screws. My usual goes like this.
1. but 755 year one
2. at some point in year two it starts running rough, can't go to full throttle
3. I bring it in, spend $40-$70 to have it fixed
4. sell it asap before it happens again
5. Buy another one, have a hard time looking myself in the eye.

Right now, without this knowledge, what the PB755 is, is a disposable $500 blower.

ed2hess
03-06-2010, 09:00 PM
A dealer should be able to show you how to get those plastic plugs out so you can adjust the needles. The shop has to order the screw driver from Echo. Once you see the needle you probably can modify a screw driver to
fit the slot. I have seen them take the plugs out but I am always afraid I will mess up the slot in the valve needle. By the way the experience with this blower has been very good in our market.

MikeKle
03-07-2010, 09:37 AM
I had this problem on an Echo SRM 210 trimmer, and I replaced and lengthened the little vent line and end piece and it solved the problem.

hotwired
03-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Thank you. I'm pretty happy with the performance of them, don't get me wrong. They are quite comfortable and seem to have all the power needed. I do think mine, though, is a different carbuerator. I took mine off today and there is no sign whatsoever of any screws, hidden or otherwise. I saw a similar thread which showed a similar carb from a hand held and it showed the screw, but there's literally nothing on mine. Might be the "new and improved," although I know the dealer has adjusted SOMETHING, so I'll keep looking and asking.