PDA

View Full Version : Walker 74" performance?

Rodney Johns
05-02-2002, 03:40 PM
Well I have had my reports locally on the 74" decks and a couple of guys really like them a lot. I am curious how many people out there have used it and wanting a little feed back. I am always hesitant to push or talk up a product until I hear the reviews. Has anyone tried it and was it successful for you.
What I have heard so far is that is is quieter and scalps less than the 62" deck.

southside
05-03-2002, 08:04 AM
I haven't seen the quality of cut that the 74" deck provides.
I have seen what the smaller SD decks do and I wasn't overly
impressed.Cuts ok but nowhere near as good as the GHS decks.
I also think that 74" is too much deck for the Walker. If you need
an SD mower that size I believe that you would be better served
by a Hustler Super Z or similar.

Brickman
05-03-2002, 08:42 AM
Karl I would have to disagree with you. My 52 SD does a nice mowing job. And cuts nicer than the 42 GHS. But I doubt it would mow better than a 48 GHS, I have used one of those a few times, and was real impressed with the job.
But it could have a lot to do with the kind of grass being mowed, between here, and "down under".
:cool:

scott's turf
05-03-2002, 02:57 PM
What kind of accounts do you plan to use a deck that large with? You will almost have to grease up the sides to get it in the trailer.

southside
05-04-2002, 08:53 AM
Over here the most common grass is Couch grass,a stolonising
turg grass which we generally mow at around 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 inches. In the southern states we have cool season grasses which are cut heigher but here in Brisbane the average temps are
too high.
I use a 48" deck.