PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using sulky with older Walk Behind Mower with Variable Belt Gearbox?

mike90lx
09-21-2009, 09:49 PM
I was looking to see if anyone is using a sulky with an older walk behind mower that used the variable belt gear box. I have a 1990 Snapper 36" walk-behind that I bought when it was about 5 years old and used a sulky for about a week before the gears got stripped out in the transmission. I'm unsure if the using the sulky caused it or if the transmission was just worn-out when I bought it. I replaced the transmission and never tried the sulky again.

If anyone has used a sulky with these types of transmissions I would love to know. Thanks. Below is a link for the type of transmission I'm referring to. Seems these transmission were used on several different makes of mowers.

http://www.jackssmallengines.com/sea...at=site_search

chesterlawn
09-22-2009, 06:55 AM
Yea, years ago I had a Goodall with that kind of transmission.I used a sulky all the time with no problem and I weigh 220. I carried belt dressing with me, because every once in a while the belts would start to slip, I would give them a quick shot and they would be like new.

DT Lawn Care
09-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Oh yea, you can use a sulky 4sho on a belt. I haven't ever seen somebody say that you can't, though a lot of people ask. I have used them on all of my WBs, they're all belt, no problems at all, they pull great. Saves a lot of walking and energy.

demhustler
09-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Yea, years ago I had a Goodall with that kind of transmission.I used a sulky all the time with no problem and I weigh 220. I carried belt dressing with me, because every once in a while the belts would start to slip, I would give them a quick shot and they would be like new.

what belt dressing?

mngreenguy
09-30-2009, 12:31 AM
belt dressing comes in a can you spray it on the belt to prevent slipping