PDA

View Full Version : how to light a row of arborvitae?

xtreem3d
09-21-2009, 10:27 PM
evening guys,
what type of lights would you use to softly light up a row of 16 6foot arborvitae? keeping in mind there is a house about 25 feet right behind the row in my side yard
i don't do lighting so i haven't seen all the different lights but found this...am i on the right track?

http://www.landscapelightingworld.com/Volt-Gentle-Splash-Wall-Wash-p/420-ak.htm
tia,
steve

Pro-Scapes
09-22-2009, 07:11 AM
pics but keep in mind something that dark will absorb alot of light. I think your picking the wrong fixture.

Need to see spacing....need to see mounting locations

Lite4
09-22-2009, 08:55 AM
Definitely the wrong fixture for that. If it were me I would go with a 35 watt Par or MR16 with linear spreads. I would spread them a minimum of about 7' apart for more light, further apart for dimmer light.

xtreem3d
09-22-2009, 04:48 PM
guys,
thanks for the replies... the row is planted so that the shrubs just touch each other for max privacy. there is nothing by the row except the neighbors chainlink fence behind . the row will only have cobblestones set as the border.

maybe i'm am wrong and should have mentioned i want to use a 12v setup(that's what i'm using on the entire outside).. i looked up 2 the suggested lights and think (?) they are for 120v?
steve

Pro-Scapes
09-22-2009, 05:04 PM
what are you talking about ?

Time suggests 12v mr16 lamps or par 36 such as a well light or unique big bang.

I would get 4 fixtures and play with the spacing... I would be anywhere from 1-2 fixtures per plant. some ways will leave it a full flood of light and other ways will look like a zebra stripe.

xtreem3d
09-22-2009, 09:21 PM
billy.
thanks for the correction.....i had mistakenly looked up the wrong light ...will order some online and test the look,
thanks again,
steve