PDA

View Full Version : what equipment to get?

JBlawn
09-23-2009, 10:33 AM
ok i was looking into a 200gallon skid sprayer. (what brand would you recomend?)
2-3 backpack sprayers
and a fertilizer spreader

is there anything else you guys would recomend? im about to take the test in about a month or so and was going to start getting things..

thanks

CHARLES CUE
09-23-2009, 08:06 PM
I would go with space saver type sprayer like a lesco if your using a pickup that way you have room for bags fert.The back pack sprayer i would look at one of those that are batterie operated i like those. i Dont use a spreader
Good luck Charles Cue

JBlawn
09-24-2009, 01:46 PM
are there any other space saver sprayers called about a lesco today they wanted 3800 for it id like to stay a little cheaper than that.. does a filmco sprayer take up alot of room in a pick up?

phasthound
09-24-2009, 06:52 PM
are there any other space saver sprayers called about a lesco today they wanted 3800 for it id like to stay a little cheaper than that.. does a filmco sprayer take up alot of room in a pick up?

$3800 is a small investment when compared to the return. This is basic equipment that will pay for itself quickly.

RigglePLC
09-24-2009, 09:10 PM
Scroll down 2 inches and take a look at the Gregson Clark. The one in the middle. A proud sponsor and good sprayers, too.
http://www.gregsonclark.com/skid_sprayers.html

Skid sprayers full can be a little heavy--a 3/4 ton pickup is best. Be sure you will have room for your spreader. Good agitation system is important, depending on what solutions you will be spraying. You need a good filter, and electric reel. Be sure it will not rust quickly. Plan on how to clean the tank if needed. Plan how to get it on and off your truck if needed. It should be easy to change the pump diaphragms--adequate clearance to take the pump heads off. If there is a shield to keep the fert from dripping off the hose onto the motor, you need that. Bypass from the pressure regulator should go back to tank or to agitation line--not to the intake hose. Cub Cadette, actually MTD, makes the Lesco units--check their prices.

RigglePLC
09-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Cub Cadet
;
http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category2_10051_14101_52970_52968_600002_-1_RESOURCE_LINK_PROFESSIONAL

phasthound
09-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Riggle,

You consistently give good unbiased information. Thank you for sharing your expertise!

CharlotteOutdoorImpact
09-30-2009, 10:37 PM
Scroll down 2 inches and take a look at the Gregson Clark. The one in the middle. A proud sponsor and good sprayers, too.
http://www.gregsonclark.com/skid_sprayers.html

Skid sprayers full can be a little heavy--a 3/4 ton pickup is best. Be sure you will have room for your spreader. Good agitation system is important, depending on what solutions you will be spraying. You need a good filter, and electric reel. Be sure it will not rust quickly. Plan on how to clean the tank if needed. Plan how to get it on and off your truck if needed. It should be easy to change the pump diaphragms--adequate clearance to take the pump heads off. If there is a shield to keep the fert from dripping off the hose onto the motor, you need that. Bypass from the pressure regulator should go back to tank or to agitation line--not to the intake hose. Cub Cadette, actually MTD, makes the Lesco units--check their prices.

Riggle (or anyone else),
Do you think I can get away with a 200 gallon space saver in my F-150 for one season? Maybe if I only fill it to 100 gallons at a time...? I wish I had a F-250 or more. I wonder how it relates to having a full 3 yards of mulch. I know water is 8 lbs per gallon. I just wanted to ask people with experience on this... I will be towing my trailer some of the time if not all the time as well.

Thanks for your advise... I really cant get another truck or van this year so I have to figure something out..

JBlawn
10-01-2009, 10:39 PM
thats ALOT of weight for a f150 im sure it would be sitting on the ground.. if you really had to look into getting some heavy duty air shocks put on it may help a bit..

CharlotteOutdoorImpact
10-02-2009, 11:26 AM
thats ALOT of weight for a f150 im sure it would be sitting on the ground.. if you really had to look into getting some heavy duty air shocks put on it may help a bit..

I guess it is possible to put it on a trailer... double axle with brakes.. Anyone know what the weight of a actual space saver sprayer is with a empty tank?
Like I was saying... I could just make 100 gallons the max. I dont think I ever would put all 200 in while its on my F-150... 100 gallons equals 800lbs not too bad...Plus the weight of the sprayer itself, what ever that is....