09-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Well......here it is. My time to share.
Comments are welcome .....

Keith
moonlightingbyanderson.com

Well done!

Lite4
09-23-2009, 10:06 PM
The site looks really good Keith. Nice job!

klkanders
09-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Thanks Gregg and Tim!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
09-23-2009, 11:31 PM
A nice, clean, concise and graphically rich site. Well done.

klkanders
09-24-2009, 12:39 AM
That's what I was shooting for!
Thanks James

steveparrott
09-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Keith, nicely done! Great images, good amount (and quality of) of text. I also checked the source code and confrimed that the web designers inserted the proper meta tags.

I do have a few suggestions:

- At the footer of each page, add shortcut links to all pages in the site. Also include a mailing address in the footer. (Both steps will help you in Google)

- While the text is good, it lacks short compelling summaries that pull out the essense of your story. The distinguishing features of your company don't jump out. You need short sections of text - bolded or in another color with bullets to capture attention.

-I read through a lot of text before I picked out something unique about your company - for me it was that you've been in the landscaping business for 20 years. I'm guessing you have a story like,

"After immersing myself in the art and science of landscape design for 20 years, I realized that the beauty of my designs needed to extend into the evening hours. I realized that I could create a whole new experience for homeowners - to enrich their nighttime life. Since then, my landscape design has taken on another dimension - a depth of work that my customers seem to love."

The point is to make your story compelling and personal.

Hope this is helpful.

JoeyD
09-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Great work Keith...the site is awesome!

TXNSLighting
09-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Great looking site!

David Gretzmier
09-24-2009, 11:02 PM
clean website.

some suggestions...

agreed about menu's on bottom.

need phone number kind of stuck on the bottom corner or something so it is on every page.

consider a testimonial page from raving fans of your business.

I have a 15 inch screen laptop, and your website comes up with black bars on both sides at my screen resolution. I get why, if someone has an older 600x800 resolution monitor, etc, but most folks today have much bigger screens 22's, 24's, etc. I'd ask your web designer to put a lighting photo in the background on all pages to fill in the margins up to a really high screen resolution of like 1920x1400.

your link page just links to you. I'd add links to every manufacturor website you currently buy from. google listing eats that up.

your photo's are absolutely beautiful, but I am not really a big fan of photos of path lights. any water lighting? shadows from lighting tall grasses or funky trees?

just thoughts at trying to bring it up. not trying to be critical.

klkanders
09-25-2009, 12:47 AM
Steve,
Thanks for your kind words and helpful suggestions! They will be taken under advisement.
I tried to keep from talking and hyping myself up as much as possible. It's not me. Maybe I'm wrong in that regard.
Do you happen to have any websites you could refer me to, or have helped build, where I could see some examples of your ideas? As always I appreciate your opinion!

klkanders
09-25-2009, 12:49 AM
Thanks Joey and Ryan!

klkanders
09-25-2009, 01:13 AM
I did ask for comments didn't I ........ :)
David,
The ph # is on bottom of all pages except links......did you mean put it there also?

I thought about a photo background but asked for black to keep it simple. Good idea tho

Links page - Is putting my manufacturers and distributors info on there helping a would be competitor more than a prospective client? I thought I was supposed to be selling my systems not manu's individual fixtures? Don't be a fixture salesman remember! :) Sorry just havin a little fun! I am open to suggestions on this.

Not a big fan of path lights or photos of them? :) It's one of my goals to get some water feature photos taken. My photog buddy has taken some awesome pics of natural falls here in town. Was the one tall grass photo not enuf? I will try to get more and some funky tree ones too.
You were not critical.......I asked for it remember!
Thanks David!

The Lighting Geek
09-28-2009, 09:45 AM
nice site! Simple, clean, and nice pics.

klkanders
09-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Hey Tommy!
Thanks!