PDA

View Full Version : Ride on aeration 2

RABBITMAN11
09-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Okay I've done somewhere between 50-60 yards on the machine. I am very impressed with its abilities on hills and pulling plugs evenly. Will be posting a video soon and some pics. So far no complaints at all. I was a little worried about the machine holding up considering it is so new and not having enough work in the feild and time to work out the bugs. Sure is fun aerating next to someone using a walk behind and going twice as fast without the effort.

grassman177
09-24-2009, 08:20 PM
good, glad 2 hear

RABBITMAN11
09-24-2009, 08:30 PM
good, glad 2 hear

Thanks grassman. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

americanlawn
09-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Ditto with grassman. Maybe someday we can afford one. Hope it holds up for years. If any repairs are needed, I hope they are minor & quick/easy to fix. David is a swell guy.

We'll start aerating irrigated lawns in a week or so. Then we'll wait for some rain before we aerate the rest of the lawns. (4/10 of an inch of rain in one month does not help matters). Take care, Larry

willretire@40
09-24-2009, 10:51 PM
I just started really getting into aerations this year. I am starting to save money for this machine. Hopefully I can buy one come spring. When I am walking behind my plugr I am thinking how much faster it would be with a ride on aerator. LOL

TennisBum
09-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Hey Rabbitman. I read in your previous ride-on aeration post that you used to use a Z-Plug. As you probably know, with the Z-Plug, if you're not careful, you can really tear the turf up with those big tires. I was just wondering how the LS Ride-On handles in that regard. Thanks.
Sam

americanlawn
09-29-2009, 08:37 PM
I can answer that, but I hope RABBITMAN chimes in too. I ran the LS ride-on on my home lawn when David was here. No turf was torn up whatsoever -- even when circling shrubs, ornamental beds, etc. I was totally impressed. Hats off to LS, cuz nobody else has a ride-on aerator that can match it. (at least for right now) IMO

grassman177
09-29-2009, 09:39 PM
it really looks like a swell machine. i like their verticutters. those are cats meow there. i have never run a ride on aerator so i cant make a true opinion, but i think the ls and zplug look like the best.

RABBITMAN11
09-29-2009, 10:26 PM
The machine is pretty easy on the ground. But like any machine its all in how you operate the equipment. I am very impressed with the amount of plugs and the over all depth. All I have to say is there is no way I will ever aerate yards without a ride on. It just takes all the work out of it plus its fun making money this easy. So far I have 30 hours on it.

americanlawn
09-30-2009, 07:53 PM
We went around shrubs with it (soil was dry) and never tore up any turf (gotta go a little slower though). RABBITMAN11 - I still think the LS walk-behind would be a nice compliment for narrow areas & trimming. IMO Nice machine bud. :usflag:

The machine is pretty easy on the ground. But like any machine its all in how you operate the equipment. I am very impressed with the amount of plugs and the over all depth. All I have to say is there is no way I will ever aerate yards without a ride on. It just takes all the work out of it plus its fun making money this easy. So far I have 30 hours on it.