PDA

View Full Version : tank mix been sitting for a couple months still useable?

wiseguyslawn
09-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Tank mix is 3 way and chelated iron. Is this good to use after agitation or get rid of it

VARMIT COMMISSION
09-24-2009, 09:40 PM
I sprayed some 3-way last week that I had forgotten about since spring, it was left in the backpack sprayer. I upgraded all my backpacks and found it. It worked just fine. Just like a newly mixed batch.

Runner
09-24-2009, 10:18 PM
yep. Mix it up, and spray away. I've dne some goofy things with 3 way. I've had some mixed for months at a time, and I even had some leftover mixed 3 way freeze over winter. the following spring,...worked like a charm. Glyphosate is the same way.

grass4gas
09-25-2009, 04:30 PM
I'd be more worried about the Iron. Sitting for a couple of months in the pump might cause some problems. Make sure at the very least you run the pump long enough to run the mix that has been in the hose back into the tank so as to agitate it enough.

Check the label on the iron to see if there might be any problems associated with it sitting for that length of time.

grassman177
09-26-2009, 08:32 PM
I'd be more worried about the Iron. Sitting for a couple of months in the pump might cause some problems. Make sure at the very least you run the pump long enough to run the mix that has been in the hose back into the tank so as to agitate it enough.

Check the label on the iron to see if there might be any problems associated with it sitting for that length of time.

agreed, the iron may be the only problem here, cant tell you for sure as i have never had this mix before, but somthing tells me at least the iron wil settle out and have to be agitated