PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Equipment, good deal?

swat220
09-25-2009, 03:30 AM
The local Exmark dealer is selling a brand new (2009, not the latest model) 60" Lazer Z and wants $7200 for it. He is also selling a brand new Exmark 48" metro and wants $3500 for it. I'm thinking he might haggle a little bit for buying both but I wanted to know from you pros if those were fair prices for new machines. Unfortunately there are not too many dealers in my area and finding time to shop is tough, any feedback would be helpful. Thanks

bohiaa
09-25-2009, 08:38 AM
that's a good price...

SangerLawn
09-27-2009, 12:18 AM
I absolutely love my exmark however just so you know the maintenance sucks, grease fittings everywhere and changing the oil use to suck. We put add ons to make draining easier. Very seldom will you find blades that are interchangeable, the seats are not very comfortable, and in all honesty it is slow moving compared to my other mowers.

In all reality I believe with all the above said and done it has a much better cut then most other mowers on the market and the price you listed is a good price. If you do not have very much experience with maintaining mowers I recommend spending a little more money and getting a mower that moves faster and easier to work on. Look into great danes brutes. It only has like 6 greese fittings, moves at around 14 mph and stripes great. I paid around $9,500 for it though.

The other thing I don’t like about the exmark is the clutch is uncovered. If you do a lot of mowing in the rain like I have done this year it wears the clutch out faster,

These are just my opinions but honestly….I wouldn’t trade my exmark for nothing lol..Im just stubborn like that I guess?

Trevor8
09-27-2009, 10:52 AM
metro is a pain to change height

swat220
09-28-2009, 01:51 AM
Thanks for all of the advice guys. I am keeping these mowers in mind but I am going to price Scags tomorrow to see whats out there.

juspayme
09-28-2009, 02:09 AM
scag prices will raise the eyebrows

swat220
09-28-2009, 06:13 PM
I went back to the dealer for the Exmarks and asked about the Turf Tracers and the Exmark rep happened to be there and said he had a clearance 48" TT 19hp for $5600. This sounds like a good deal to me. I think I am going to wait on the lazer as most of my accounts are hilly and I am not into commerical yet where there is more need for a ZT. Again I know nothing of pricing but how does $5600 for a brand new TT sound?