PDA

View Full Version : Leaf pickup pictures.

Woodland
09-25-2009, 12:09 PM
I just picked up the new BillyGoat HTR debris loader. I'm going to use it in conjunction with my dump trailer to do leaf cleanups this year. I was hoping those of you who use a similar setup could post some pictures of how you have set up your loader and trailer that is most efficient for you. I have some ideas floating around in my head but am looking for other input. Thanks in advance.

WALKER LANDSCAPE
09-25-2009, 12:27 PM
What brand and type is your dump trailer. i.e is it low boy, high boy where is the control box located.
We have a Bri Mar I wanted to mount it to the front of the trailer above the control box I dont think there is enough stuff to weld to to hold it. We added a receiver hitch to the back of the trailer instead. This also works good for pulling a chipper as well. Which is illegal I think. LOL.

Woodland
09-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Cam superline, low-profile dump trailer with the toolbox/control box mounted on the front tongue.

WALKER LANDSCAPE
09-25-2009, 05:44 PM
If you can the best spot is above the control box. You have to adjust the snorkel to dump and that is all. Mine being on the back you have take the loader off to dump. Is there any good welding spots or strong points to build a rack for your loader above the box?

Woodland
09-26-2009, 08:36 AM
That has been my thought. I am thinking I could build a rack of some sort and mount it to the tongue frame. It would be high enough so that I could still open the top of the control box enough to get the battery out in the event I had to change it.

Woodland
09-29-2009, 08:09 AM
I'm starting to think I might just set the loader in the bed of the truck, maybe build some type of brace to keep it from vibrating around while its running. This seems like it would be a good option without having to make a bunch of modifications to the trailer.

WALKER LANDSCAPE
09-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Take the tailgate off get a flexy snorkel tube for it. Yeah that might work. You will want a 12 foot intake tube for sure.

Woodland
09-30-2009, 06:17 AM
I was actually thinking of sliding the unit out onto the tailgate when I use it, then back in to move to the next job. Where would I get this flexy snorkel tube? Looking at the unit, I was wondering if stove pipe would be the right size. Also, thought I had read somewhere that changing the length of the intake hose would reduce the sucking ability.

WALKER LANDSCAPE
09-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Stove pipe works and 12 to 14 is the max on most of them