PDA

View Full Version : Please help- Stihl fs45 weed eater problems, possibly primer bulb?

jjligman
09-25-2009, 09:05 PM
I used a stihl fs45 weed eater and it worked fine then was a little doggy and wanted to bog out after I let off the gas to let it idle unless I hit the throttle real quick all the way again. Now it won't even start and thee is air in the primer bulb. It seems like its not getting the prime. Is that the problem? Is it possible to cause that from using prime bulb too much before start. Any advice on what could be wrong or how to fix it would be much appreciated. Thanks

-Josh

Breezmister
09-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Is it possible to cause that from using prime bulb too much before start. Any advice on what could be wrong or how to fix it would be much appreciated. Thanks

When you push the primer bulb, you are pulling fuel from the tank up through the carb. If you are not getting the fuel in the primer, then there is something stopping it, dirty fuel filter, kinked fuel line, messed up carb.

mowerknower
09-27-2009, 03:02 AM
Stihl dealer here, you can try rebuilding the carb but chance are the check valve has a problem and is not repairable. So you will have to replace the carb. They usually run about 60 bucks so its up to you if you wont to put that money into a $140 machine. They are great trimmers but at that price its hard to justify putting money into it.