PDA

View Full Version : opinons

juicygrass
09-26-2009, 08:38 PM
What is the best way to put in a new lawn?

bohiaa
09-26-2009, 09:27 PM
sod/hydromulch

clean_cut
09-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Either lay down sod, or spread seed, I'm not sure which would be better though. I've heard that sod takes a lot of water, but seed would probably take some too.

SangerLawn
09-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Sod will make a thick lawn fast however I prefer seed. If a person doesn’t take the time to do it right sod will raise the height of the ground under the turf making edging look rough. We always do a total kill on the turf then 2 weeks later power seed. I just did my lawn about a week ago.

Of course this depends on what kind of turf you are putting in. If zoysia, Bermuda or most other warm season turfs you will probably be better off with sod. My above answer was for cool season turf such as fescue.

CkLandscapingOrlando
09-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Total kill with gly. Till the soil at about 4in. If soil amend is need do that before you till. Grade. Water. Fert. Green side up. Water every day 1st week. Every other day the second. Every 3rd the 3rd week. As normal from there.

Seed takes way more water down here. Seeds take constant moisture and humidity to germ. That means you should be paulsing the irg multible times a day.

Dman911
09-29-2009, 03:24 AM
How much should I charge to lay sod? Seed?
Thanks.