PDA

View Full Version : Top notch flyer

drobin
09-27-2009, 07:35 AM
I want to send out a professional looking flyer in the next couple of weeks to grow customer base. I only do lawn treatments along with aeration, slit seeding, dethatching etc but no mowing.Does anyone have one they migt be able to send me via attachment to get some ideas. thanks

RigglePLC
09-27-2009, 12:33 PM
I will try to attach file. I hope it works. You are a little late. Best sales time is March, April and May. Second best is first two weeks of September. I use this sales brochure only for customers who requested an estimate. I get most of my business through referrals. I sometimes advertise that I give out a free lawn treatment for a referral--if they are sold.

mdlwn1
09-27-2009, 01:05 PM
I would never use the word "killer" in anything. Try to use the word "control" instead.

rcreech
09-27-2009, 03:05 PM
I would never use the word "killer" in anything. Try to use the word "control" instead.

That is funny you said that...because I picked up on that also even before reading your post!

I like the piece though...because it pushes "we are a small business and know what we are doing"....and I think that is big!

I try and promote the same thing!

Nice Riggle!

DUSTYCEDAR
09-27-2009, 03:35 PM
VERY NICE
clean and to the point

jalderfer63
09-28-2009, 10:08 AM
What kind of weed control do you use that is odor-free.

drobin
09-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the flyer, seriously you are a blessing to so many on this site with your experience and willingness to share.

Pythium
09-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Here is what we put together this year. I can give the name of inexpensive printing place we use. (they are local to us but do ship nationwide). I did this brochure with MS Publisher.162869

rcreech
09-29-2009, 01:51 PM
Here is what we put together this year. I can give the name of inexpensive printing place we use. (they are local to us but do ship nationwide). I did this brochure with MS Publisher.162869

I am glad you posted this. I just got a quote this week from a guy for a Tri Fold brocure.

If you don't mind can you PM me with the cost of this (or post it on here if you want).

I am just curios to if they are in the ballpark.

They gave me a price for designing and printing. Did you design this yourself?

Thanks,
RC

Pythium
09-29-2009, 01:58 PM
I designed it my self. printdirectforless.com is the company we use. They don't do any design work as far as I know. Pricing depends on volume. 5000 trifolded before shipping according to their website is $375.00. We have used them several times and they do good work.

Pythium
09-29-2009, 02:00 PM
That price is for 8.5X11 4/4 both sides.

Lawn-Scape
09-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Nice Flyer John

Runner
09-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Riggle,
The word Caring is misspelled on your flyer, and there should be no comma afte theword "gets" in your phrase Grass gets, what it needs, when it needs it
Other than that, looks good! Oh,...and yes, I do agree...I would do away with the term "weed killer". :)

drobin
09-29-2009, 07:46 PM
nice flyer, very thorough, I like the wording choice about national chains.

RigglePLC
09-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks so much, guys. I don't recall mentioning the big nationl chains--unless you implied it from, "A burned out lawn cuts thousands from the value of your home." As you can see I really really like photos of a house with my truck and a green lawn. It works best and looks greener in my mind, if the photo is taken on a dark day with storm clouds in the background.

I use the weed killer (weed control, I mean) Lesco Eliminate. Most customers do not notice any odor. And in fall I usually add laundry detergent as a wetting agent/surfactant--smells like fresh laundry. Actually it comes in four flavors. Next week I may try the detergent with "odor control". Of course, Lesco Eliminate Low Odor, is another option--but this product is like a purified form of Three Way--I never used it, because it does not have triclopyr.

foreplease
09-29-2009, 11:26 PM
...seriously you are a blessing to so many on this site with your experience and willingness to share.

I'll second that. And he helps without being condescending.

foreplease
09-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Thanks so much, guys. I don't recall mentioning the big nationl chains--unless you implied it from, "A burned out lawn cuts thousands from the value of your home." As you can see I really really like photos of a house with my truck and a green lawn. It works best and looks greener in my mind, if the photo is taken on a dark day with storm clouds in the background.

I think it was just in having mentioned small local operators. One of those implied-inferred deals.

Keep buying white trucks, makes the grass look greener. I used to kid my neighbor about his lawn looking greener because they had only white cars.

grass4gas
09-30-2009, 06:16 AM
And in fall I usually add laundry detergent as a wetting agent/surfactant--smells like fresh laundry. Actually it comes in four flavors. Next week I may try the detergent with "odor control".

Does this work as well or better than the spreader/sticker from lesco? I know adding a few drops of dish soap from what I have heard is suppose to work, but I don't have any experience with the results.

At what rates do you use per gallon?

Thanks

P.S. I'll be the next one to suggest dropping the "weed killer" in favor of control for weeds.

I tried to copy and paste part of Riggle's quote which is at the top of my reply, but it did not get highlighted. How do you go about doing highlighting a portion of someone's reply in your response?

Thanks
Jack

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
09-30-2009, 07:47 AM
I am glad you posted this. I just got a quote this week from a guy for a Tri Fold brocure.

If you don't mind can you PM me with the cost of this (or post it on here if you want).

I am just curios to if they are in the ballpark.

They gave me a price for designing and printing. Did you design this yourself?

Thanks,
RC

This company has a special right now on 5k trifolds for $269
http://gotprint.net/g/showStaticPage.do?page=brochures_pricing.html

I've ordered brochures, postcards, biz cards & doorhangers from them & all look great!