PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with a ProMow reel mower?

Reel_Green
05-03-2002, 11:35 PM
Sorry for the 2nd post. I think everyone thought my first post was an advertisement instead of a question.

Has anyone had experience with the ProMow gang reel mowers? www.promow.com I have a 2.5 acre yard and am thinking of purchasing one of their gang mowers for my zoysia yard.

Jim Clark
05-08-2002, 11:26 AM
Reel mowers give a much better cut than rotary mowers...period.

When I was doing my 2 acres (pay someone now) I was using a 1978 National 84" Triplex reel mower. Less than 2 hours to cut and trim. Only took that long because of trees in front and slightly bumpy back yard so I went slower. The new version of my mower is advertized to cut up to 3.5 acres per hour.

I really don't need mine anymore and would be interested in selling it. Here's a link to the new one like mine:
http://www.nationalmower.com/html/84.htm

I've attached a drawing from the front page of the manual.

Jim

ProMo
06-11-2002, 07:29 PM
no but i like the name

http://home.cfl.rr.com/mowing/images/promo_logo1.gif

orangejbird
10-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Anyone looked at these? I keep getting emails from them.
Durability? Limited use?

vettenuts
10-12-2004, 01:20 PM
I looked at them when my mowing deck died and I was trying to figure out how to still use the tractor I have. There is also another brand of gang mower by American Mower who have been in business for over 100 years. The gang mower will do a good job if you don't have a lot of weeds, etc. I finallly decided to go the zero turn route, as the price of the gang mower was kind of a steep investment for an old tractor. I was also told that keeping them sharp was time consuming. I did spend a lot of time looking at them though.

robertbick
10-13-2004, 09:46 AM
I had bought the gang reel mower from Northern Tool a few years ago and wound up selling it a few weeks later. It left too many uncut blades of grass and weeds. You can't beat a ZTR for cutting lots of lawn quickly.