PDA

View Full Version : Need law advice, looking to start back up help please!

bladegirl
09-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Hi I was in the indusrty for a number of years, and I am looking to get back in the biz. I understand now in NJ and NY you need to have a sign and # on your truck with department of sanitation. I am also hearing that guy's are having their trucks seized for not being licensed. Back in the day I just had liability and was registered with the state. I am just looking to mow lawns and prefer organic fertilizers to chem. Do I need to register with Department of consumer affairs and such to mow lawns? Any help appreciated, I have put off going out there even though It's my passion and what I enjoy most.

bohiaa
09-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Dont take any legal advice from this site or any other. you and only you, are. and will be held responsable for being ligit....
Make sure you know all the rules, a GREAT place to start is with your state's web site.

Best of luck to you

Lawn Shark prop mgmt LLC
09-27-2009, 08:03 PM
I agree, while most on this site are trying to be helpful... sometimes the information they give is errounous.

bladegirl
09-27-2009, 10:11 PM
I checked with my local state dept, and there is nothing specific to lawns. Hence that is why I am here. If someone here has been out there cutting lawns in NJ for the past couple of years please get back to me. I am not expecting proffessional legal advice in which I will hold anyone accountable for my actions , just some guidelines please. For instance I am wondering how to register with the department of sanitation or if that is a must that is necessary and does my truck have to be numbered?