PDA

View Full Version : leaves pricing

juicygrass
09-27-2009, 03:31 PM
If one guy does a leaf cleanup,using backpack,rake,and canvas style and it takes 1hr 30 min what would be a fair price?The leaves can be walked into the woods.

verant
09-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Are you blowing most of it?? or primarily raking and tarp? I would charge $75.00, but that's me and my area.....

hackitdown
09-27-2009, 05:58 PM
If one guy does a leaf cleanup,using backpack,rake,and canvas style and it takes 1hr 30 min what would be a fair price?The leaves can be walked into the woods.

$150 to $200.

Some companies in my area have a $300 minimum for fall cleanup.

RickR1818
10-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Dont forget time to drive to/from and dump pricing

STIHL GUY
10-06-2009, 10:52 PM
i would charge by the hour. $75 seems fair

wteeter
10-07-2009, 05:12 PM
what's the best leaf vacuum equipment out there?

MJS
10-08-2009, 11:05 AM
$100 to $150 does not seem out of line for an hour and a half of leaf work. $75 is probably not even worth the hassle unless you are in a very competitive market.

SchaffLandscaping
10-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Yeah big question there is are you raking mostly or just blowing it into a pile, tarping it and dumping in the woods. If thats the case I think 100-150 is pretty good. Pricing is tricky sometimes. I just had a person call me up and wanted a fall cleanup estimate and the yard was really big with massive old trees. It will be a mess soon. I didn't know if I should hit her with a flat rate per cleanup or do an hourly deal. Where I live most of my cleanups each avg 150-250. This one could be like 400 or something per cleanup. I think the hourly might scare them away. What do some of you guys charge per hour if you bill that way for cleanups?

Kennedy Landscaping
10-17-2009, 08:15 AM
Are you blowing most of it?? or primarily raking and tarp? I would charge $75.00, but that's me and my area.....

You nailed it right on the head of what I would charge. In my area prices can't get very high.

hackitdown
10-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Where I live most of my cleanups each avg 150-250. This one could be like 400 or something per cleanup. I think the hourly might scare them away. What do some of you guys charge per hour if you bill that way for cleanups?

I often give a customer a range, based on the hourly rate. So you tell them it will cost from $300 to $400, based on $100 per hour or whatever you charge. That gives them a maximum to make them feel less nervous.

OrangeToys
10-17-2009, 09:25 PM
I often give a customer a range, based on the hourly rate. So you tell them it will cost from $300 to $400, based on $100 per hour or whatever you charge. That gives them a maximum to make them feel less nervous.

How do you charge a $100per hour and keep getting more jobs. I would feel guilty about charging that much.

PM if you want.

hackitdown
10-18-2009, 03:24 PM
How do you charge a $100per hour and keep getting more jobs. I would feel guilty about charging that much.

PM if you want.

Sorry, that is for two men. We have BR600s, a walk behind blower, a ZTR w/vac and leaf plow. Worth every penny!

Allens LawnCare
10-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Yeah big question there is are you raking mostly or just blowing it into a pile, tarping it and dumping in the woods. If thats the case I think 100-150 is pretty good. Pricing is tricky sometimes. I just had a person call me up and wanted a fall cleanup estimate and the yard was really big with massive old trees. It will be a mess soon. I didn't know if I should hit her with a flat rate per cleanup or do an hourly deal. Where I live most of my cleanups each avg 150-250. This one could be like 400 or something per cleanup. I think the hourly might scare them away. What do some of you guys charge per hour if you bill that way for cleanups?

Figure out how long it will take you plus to and from, figure out your hourly rate and give them a not to exceed figure. Covers your hourly rate and doesn't scare them away. Hourly is tough to, once you start using time saving equipment you can't lower your price because a 3 1/2hr job took you 1hr 15 mins.

Allens LawnCare
10-21-2009, 12:07 AM
If your going to feel guilty about pricing then you won't be around long, if you are around you'll just be getting by. Charge according to the market value, don't sell yourself short!

Lakewlc
10-21-2009, 07:47 AM
i would charge 125 min.. less than that is a waist of my time

lawnproslawncare
10-21-2009, 01:19 PM
I would look at it from a time stand point. $35.00 to $45.00 per hour X 1.5 hours = $52.00 max. But maybe it's worth more.

What I have started doing with some higher end properties is two weeks ago I started charging $10 to $30 dollars more per cut for bagging. This way the property looks fantasic all the time and I don't have to mess with wet matted down leaves!

RedSox4Life
10-21-2009, 02:44 PM
I think a lot of you are missing the heart of OP's question, While you may get $100+ per hour with a leaf vacuum, walk behind blowers, 2 man crew etc. etc., Op stated it was just him with a backpack, a rake and a tarp. And he's not trucking away the leaves, he's dragging them into the woods. In my area that'd be worth $45 an hour MAX.
Why? Beacause any kid down the street or jobless neighbor would be more than happy to rake leaves for $10 an hour.
If you charge leaf jobs by the hour it's got to be based on the equipment you have , assuming more equipment gets the job done quicker.
A guy with a rake is probobly worth $10-$20 hourly
A guy with a backpack $35-$45 ish
A "fully outfitted" solo guy maybe $65-80
Of course these numbers might not be appropriate in your area but it's what works for me.

hackitdown
10-21-2009, 04:41 PM
A guy with a rake is probobly worth $10-$20 hourly
A guy with a backpack $35-$45 ish
A "fully outfitted" solo guy maybe $65-80
Of course these numbers might not be appropriate in your area but it's what works for me.

This sounds just about right in my area.

mowerbrad
10-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Redsox is definately right. You have to take into consideration what the OP is using. Like some of you had said, you have a minimum of like $200 or $300, but I'm pretty sure you guys are using more than just a blower, rake and tarp. Now for what the OP is using and the length of he spent, I would think $100 would be the max price.

Jamie James
10-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Hey guys:canadaflag: Its my first year doing fall cleanups for my clients and im charging $45.00 for some an hour for leaves and taking them away.

Now for half of my other clients im charging just one total price........say 300 to 600 dollars...

Question, quick thing here, if i think it would take say 10 hours to do a full cleanup at 50 bucks an hour, thats 500,
.now if i had another guy we could do it in half the the time right.

so 5 hours , 2 guys, if i told my client 10 hours should i be telling them 10 man hours, so 10 of us would take 1 hour.

Allens LawnCare
10-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Hey guys:canadaflag: Its my first year doing fall cleanups for my clients and im charging $45.00 for some an hour for leaves and taking them away.

Now for half of my other clients im charging just one total price........say 300 to 600 dollars...

Question, quick thing here, if i think it would take say 10 hours to do a full cleanup at 50 bucks an hour, thats 500,
.now if i had another guy we could do it in half the the time right.

so 5 hours , 2 guys, if i told my client 10 hours should i be telling them 10 man hours, so 10 of us would take 1 hour.

Yes, per man hour

CTmower
10-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Im a solo guy and just finished a 2 hr fall clean up the other day... Blew the entire side yard and back yard into the woods. Shredded the front yard with my mower then picked up using my leaf gobbler attachment and a huge oversize tarp i attach to it. I ended up charging $140 + $10 leaf disposal free even though i get rid of them for me at my local dump or a farm right near my house. So I'm getting $75/hr, i usually shoot for around that. Sometimes I get shocked faces when i quote prices and those are the ones i walk away from. The way I look at it is Im there for 2 hours busting my ass and will be paid accordingly.. If they dont like my prices well then heres a rake and bucket, do it yourself or find someone else. I pull up to their residents with over $25,000 in equipment + insurance, etc, etc, etc.. I dont need to explain my prices to anyone, they either accept or they dont :)

Bob_n_weave
10-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Im a solo guy and just finished a 2 hr fall clean up the other day... Blew the entire side yard and back yard into the woods. Shredded the front yard with my mower then picked up using my leaf gobbler attachment and a huge oversize tarp i attach to it. I ended up charging $140 + $10 leaf disposal free even though i get rid of them for me at my local dump or a farm right near my house. So I'm getting $75/hr, i usually shoot for around that. Sometimes I get shocked faces when i quote prices and those are the ones i walk away from. The way I look at it is Im there for 2 hours busting my ass and will be paid accordingly.. If they dont like my prices well then heres a rake and bucket, do it yourself or find someone else. I pull up to their residents with over $25,000 in equipment + insurance, etc, etc, etc.. I dont need to explain my prices to anyone, they either accept or they dont :)

Im with you CT. Im in business to make money, not new friends.

Greenscapes Lawncare
10-27-2009, 06:54 PM
in all reality it boils down to this.....

WHAT EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE AND HOW MUCH MONEY YOU WANT TO MAKE AFTER OVERHEAD. NOT TO MENTION HOW MUCH WORK YOU GET IN YOUR AREA>

$1.5 hrs for that guy is $70 max.

POMANTE
11-04-2009, 11:43 AM
$10 disposal fee is WAY too cheap. How are you hauling them away? Figure all of your time loading, unloading and possibly having to pay out of your pocket to dump somewhere. I would reccommend charging at least $50 for a dump fee...