PDA

View Full Version : Nightscaping Tikilighter / Savana ?

seolatlanta
09-27-2009, 06:53 PM
I was wanting some feedback on these fixtures from Nightscaping. I have a customer who wants to add some around their pool / sitting area and I have never used them . I had heard good things about the Tikilighter , but the Savana I dont know. The Savana is a smaller adjustable Tikilighter from what I can tell.

Did Nightscaping survive the storm? I had read on this forum that they were closing , but their website is spruced up and seems to indicate that they are alive and well.

Also has anyone tried the Unique Islander yet? It looks nice , but I know it is a new fixture so if any of you have used it , let me know about that one also. I have always been a pretty diehard Unique fan , but the Tikilighter is so cool I wanted to maybe try that as well.

Thanks guys ,
Dave

djt22
09-27-2009, 10:38 PM
I had a contractor of mine install 61 of Uniques Islander's on a job just before a big party and said it was the best thing he did. Got great comments on them and he is looking at adding more. We had them custom cut to many different heights depending on the area and the light output was great all around.

Pro-Scapes
09-28-2009, 12:40 AM
Dave,

I have the uniuqe islander here in stock and its a nice product. If you need the cream of the crop for that special client drop me an email I have something right up your alley.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
09-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Nightscaping is still in business.

The NS Tikiliter is an original for sure but I would suggest that the Beachside or Unique is probably better constructed.

The NS Savanah (mini tiki) is still the only one I know of in this format and is a well built fixture that I would order with confidence. I would specify it with a T5 Wedge lamp.

Regards

irrig8r
09-28-2009, 01:32 PM
...The NS Tikiliter is an original for sure but I would suggest that the Beachside or Unique is probably better constructed...

James, I have seen both NS products up close, but have to admit it's been a while, and I never actually handled them or took one apart.

What makes you think the others are better built? Have you done side-by-side comparisons?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
09-28-2009, 01:58 PM
James, I have seen both NS products up close, but have to admit it's been a while, and I never actually handled them or took one apart.

What makes you think the others are better built? Have you done side-by-side comparisons?

I have a few NS Tiki's installed and they are not all that well built. I would not use them again. The method of attaching the hat to the stem is poor. They use an S8 1156KR SCB lamp = not great. The stem material is too thin to support such a weight so far off the ground. They don't make a very good mount for attaching to deck or patio.

I have seen the beachside product and it is much more robust. I assume that Unique's version is also well constructed. I understand Mike Gambino has a version and would expect it to be top quality.

The little savana is a decent build.

Jeremy Sviben
11-01-2009, 08:57 PM
I have used a few Tiki's. Overall it is basically a Nightscaping fixture that is assembled from their typical parts bin. I did feel the need to put the supplied stem into 1" copper tubing to give the stem a heavier/thicker look.
Jeremy Sviben
Botanicallighting.com

niteliters
11-02-2009, 10:18 PM
I was wanting some feedback on these fixtures from Nightscaping. I have a customer who wants to add some around their pool / sitting area and I have never used them . I had heard good things about the Tikilighter , but the Savana I dont know. The Savana is a smaller adjustable Tikilighter from what I can tell.

Did Nightscaping survive the storm? I had read on this forum that they were closing , but their website is spruced up and seems to indicate that they are alive and well.

Also has anyone tried the Unique Islander yet? It looks nice , but I know it is a new fixture so if any of you have used it , let me know about that one also. I have always been a pretty diehard Unique fan , but the Tikilighter is so cool I wanted to maybe try that as well.

Thanks guys ,
Dave

have installed many ns tikiliters and a few savanahs. tikis can be a little bit challenging to fill unless installed on a slight angle which not all clients want. we spec out t5 wegde base in them and they work great. sink the bottom 18" I think in a concrete tube. plenty solid. our oldest have been in the ground for, i think, 9years. working fine, looking fine. sorry, haven't installed others. sounds like billy made have deal for ou

JoeyD
11-03-2009, 11:10 AM
you can order the Islander with shorter stem lengths if you like and you may mount it on a counter top or post top with the sphere base. It is available in both brass and copper and is becoming a top seller!!

RLDesign
12-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Chris,

I have great success with Tikis as well as Savanas. I set them to be winterized with access section in conduit compartment. I have tried various installed techniques and options. I have installed about 60 Tikis and around same amount on Savanas. Attached please find some photos.

Best,

Tanek Hood

have installed many ns tikiliters and a few savanahs. tikis can be a little bit challenging to fill unless installed on a slight angle which not all clients want. we spec out t5 wegde base in them and they work great. sink the bottom 18" I think in a concrete tube. plenty solid. our oldest have been in the ground for, i think, 9years. working fine, looking fine. sorry, haven't installed others. sounds like billy made have deal for ou

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Great to see you contributing to this forum Tanek. You have a ton of great experience and photos that the others here will surely benefit from!

Regards

irrig8r
12-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Welcome to Lawnsite Tanek!

RLDesign
12-22-2009, 05:16 PM
I have been so busy with other things that I have found it hard to adapt to participate in other forums. I am excited to contribute and read other's posts. I have read through some others input on these forums and it is a knowledgeable group. Talk soon.

Tanek
Reynolds Lighting

RLDesign
01-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Hello All,

I knew I would find my install pics of the TIKI. By installing removal splices in the access box, the fixtures can be winterized. Some areas of the country will not need the removeable capability, but it might come in handy when storms/tornados approach.

Talk soon.

Tanek

2nd post to follow with more pics

RLDesign
01-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Here is the 2nd half of pics.

Tanek