PDA

View Full Version : Considering adding thatching to my list of services

mowerdude777
09-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Well I do not own a dethatcher yet but I see them pretty cheep on craigslist. And have thought about getting one, the reason I have not is underground wires, pipes etc, is that worth worrying about or not. I have a rer tractor that i could just put an attachment on, but I would rather get a wb thatcher what should I do should i stay clear or invest in one

mowerbrad
09-28-2009, 05:36 PM
I actually believe you are talking about DEthatching.

I have a jrco front mount dethatcher that I use on my bob-cat. It doesn't get as much thatch out of the lawn as a power rake does (probably about 1/3 the amount). I dethatch my customers' lawns every spring, so using the jrco one works well. It is one of my more profitable services.

mowerdude777
09-28-2009, 05:46 PM
I actually believe you are talking about DEthatching.

I have a jrco front mount dethatcher that I use on my bob-cat. It doesn't get as much thatch out of the lawn as a power rake does (probably about 1/3 the amount). I dethatch my customers' lawns every spring, so using the jrco one works well. It is one of my more profitable services.

how much would you charge for a .25 acre yard( that is the size of most of my accounts

dvog
09-29-2009, 05:01 PM
hmmm...i am a little worried if your concerned about hitting a pipe with a thatch machine.how far do you think your going into the ground while thatching?

mowerdude777
09-29-2009, 05:22 PM
hmmm...i am a little worried if your concerned about hitting a pipe with a thatch machine.how far do you think your going into the ground while thatching?

Ok I am more worried about wires especially for dog fences

mowerdude777
09-30-2009, 08:20 PM
BUMP BUMP bump