PDA

View Full Version : Great Plug pulling weather!

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-29-2009, 11:31 PM
Was a plug pullin fool the last couple days with a rented Ryan aerator.
With the recent rainfall and much cooler temps - it just felt good seeing that aerator sink in and pull 2" plugs consistently lawn after lawn. Some deeper. Best aerating that I have done in the past few years.

If a guy wouldn't get so worn out doing it, it would be a dream job...
Pullin plugs in the cool fall air, leaves turning, lawns still green and growing, man it doesn't get any better than that!

Smallaxe
09-30-2009, 07:31 AM
The biggest problem with aerating in the beginning of Sept is the acorns plant themselve in the perfect little holes the aerator makes.

I am thinking now like you... doing it after the acorns, but, b4 the pine needles. They start coming down heavy last week.

Actually, doing anything outside this time of year is great. :)

jfoxtrot9
09-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Was a plug pullin fool the last couple days with a rented Ryan aerator.
With the recent rainfall and much cooler temps - it just felt good seeing that aerator sink in and pull 2" plugs consistently lawn after lawn. Some deeper. Best aerating that I have done in the past few years.

If a guy wouldn't get so worn out doing it, it would be a dream job...
Pullin plugs in the cool fall air, leaves turning, lawns still green and growing, man it doesn't get any better than that!

Amen to that!

I was out all day yesterday, on my way out this morning.

I have the Lawn Solutions walk behind. My first year without the "rented Ryan" What a diff! Not exhausted at the end of a day and not exagerating at all, 3" plugs all day long.

Happy aerating.:walking: