PDA

View Full Version : hydro-gear model # 95-1662 (326-0650) service manual

milike
09-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Hello all

I have toro #71196 and the rear end is leaking...:dizzy:

Appears the botton of the case is cracked (hairline crack) and is leaking...enough to the point it move nowhere.. :confused:

SO I put it up on stands and when I spin the wheel the other does not move I mean both are independant reagardless if I apply the brake/clutch and i verified the free wheel lever position...kinda like some thing inside let go and crack the case???

Is this possible....??

Has any one split one of these and purchased a new lower case or welded it???

Any help TIA

Forgot to add..the hydro gear axle is a

Hydro-Gear #326-0650

I am looking for the service manual for steps on disassembly and reassembly....afraid when I open it parts will go every where.:hammerhead:

milike
09-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Hello all

I have toro #71196 and the rear end is leaking...:dizzy:

Appears the botton of the case is cracked (hairline crack) and is leaking...enough to the point it move nowhere.. :confused:

SO I put it up on stands and when I spin the wheel the other does not move I mean both are independant reagardless if I apply the brake/clutch and i verified the free wheel lever position...kinda like some thing inside let go and crack the case???

Is this possible....??

Has any one split one of these and purchased a new lower case or welded it???

Any help TIA

Forgot to add..the hydro gear axle is a

Hydro-Gear #326-0650

I am looking for the service manual for steps on disassembly and reassembly....afraid when I open it parts will go every where.:hammerhead:

Forgot again I do have this parts breakdown

milike
10-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Forgot again I do have this parts breakdown

Well

I cracked the case and found I need the (2) bevel gears and (2) planet gears...

Unfortunately the websites I found only sell a full axle...:confused:

Where can I get just the gears??????

Restrorob
10-02-2009, 09:36 PM
milike,

I work for a Hydro-gear dealer and checking my dealer's site, There's no break-down on this axle assembly. Looks like your stuck buying the assembly if you want to repair it or try finding a used transaxle assembly.

milike
10-03-2009, 01:20 PM
milike,

I work for a Hydro-gear dealer and checking my dealer's site, There's no break-down on this axle assembly. Looks like your stuck buying the assembly if you want to repair it or try finding a used transaxle assembly.

Hey Thanks Restrorob :weightlifter:

I hate the fact I need to buy the entire axle for just the 4 gears......arg!

But buying a used one is not a bad idea either.

Thanks

milike
10-09-2009, 10:19 AM
well got my parts.

any suggestions on the sealant i should use for the two case halves???

Restrorob
10-09-2009, 01:26 PM
I use nothing but Permatex #5813 gasket eliminator on everything, Have never had a issue.

jay albers
10-10-2009, 09:53 AM
I just used form a gasket on mine seems to be workin ok. If i had to do it again i use a silocone, not as messy. good luck