PDA

View Full Version : Fescue Turf Question

Toxey
09-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Guys,

I have a lawn that had Fescue sod put on it about 2 years ago. Do you spray a good 3 way herb or MSMA on this turf to kill broad leaf or grassy weeds? Another question is what do you guys spray on St Aug and Centipede to get grassy weeds (dalisgrass, crab grass, etc.) out of the grass since it is so sensitive? I spray Trimec Southern on the broad leaf weeds. BTW i am licensed in Alabama. Thanks

Toxey
10-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Does anyone have any ideas or info? Thanks

Turf Dawg
10-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Don't know much about the Fescue. I do know on the St Augustine you are SOL on the Dallis grass [unless someone else has a miracle treatment], as for the Crab grass a good pre m will help and Atrazine will help with the post emergent. On the broad leaf I just pay attention to the temp, it does not matter too much on Bermuda but on the St Augustine I try to stay close to the LABEL instructions. Just be sure to read the LABLE on whatever you are wanting to apply.

BTW, do not use the MSMA on the St Augustine

suzook
10-02-2009, 01:07 AM
Guys,

I have a lawn that had Fescue sod put on it about 2 years ago. Do you spray a good 3 way herb or MSMA on this turf to kill broad leaf or grassy weeds?

Depends on what kind of fescue, and the temps. A fine fescue and heat will not tolerate most weed killer products.

Toxey
10-02-2009, 07:11 AM
Thanks guys.