PDA

View Full Version : College Guys Landscaping

Juan91
09-30-2009, 09:14 PM
hi guys, names Juan, I'm over in Illinois

I've been mowing since i was about 10 or 11.

always used Toro equipment from an 87 to a home depot personal pace, moved up to an Exmark 26 metro and partnered up with a buddy from high school football team. In the past months, we've acquired some new mowers and now at age 18 and 17, we're looking to expand this coming season in 2010!!

thanks for reading!

casekey
10-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Sounds awesome man! That is my plan also

WGLandscapeMaintenance
10-01-2009, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't advise calling yourselves 'College Guys', what are you gonna do when you're done with college? Change the name and confuse all your clients?

EagleGrounds
10-01-2009, 07:59 PM
I wouldn't advise calling yourselves 'College Guys', what are you gonna do when you're done with college? Change the name and confuse all your clients?

i second that.

x2

g21
10-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Hey Guys,
Welcome. I kinda a agree with the name change. I have seen many odd names make it big in all industries. It's just a name. You will grow based on your character and the quality of your work. It will probably never effect you in the residential marketplace, but on the commercial side, it may be a problem for you. Clients will naturally associate your name with a small start-up firm even longafter you have been established. The commercial sector is tough enough without self inflicting more hurdles.

Just my 2-cents. If there is ever anything I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask!
Tommy

Juan91
10-02-2009, 09:38 AM
we got till next season to figure out the proper name,
thanks all!