PDA

View Full Version : catchy price/phrase on flyer?

Slcareco
10-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Im making a flyer for core aeration and was wondering what would be a good catchy phrase or price to have on it to draw someone in to call me?

I charge $50 for the first 3000 sqft then $15 every 1,000sqft after that plus $80 for equipment rental

any suggestions? thanks!

chris@perfectlawncare
10-02-2009, 08:45 PM
figure your costs out first. Figure in gas, seed, rental, etc. I would suggest having a minimum price... Mine is 180 for 8000 sq ft. Or less. Then have a price per 1k sq ft. Mine is 22. My competitors are on average 25. For the flyers, advertise that you are a small lawn outfit focused on customer satisfaction, etc. Don't put your price on the flyer - urge them to call for a free estimate today!
Posted via Mobile Device

bohiaa
10-03-2009, 08:48 AM
in advertiseing the key term is FREE....

this word catches more eyes than anything. also you need to study color.

BRIGHT colors draw peoples attention. bright YELLOW with black print. is a good color.

and the word FREE in bold

chris@perfectlawncare
10-03-2009, 10:56 AM
i disagree. I think you will look unprofessional. Just write it in a nice font, make it short and to the point, and you will be set. People will be suspicious if you make it ultra flashy. Also, make 3 per page. This will maximize your copying efficiency. I typically get about 1 percent return on this type of advertising, and it's super cheap
Posted via Mobile Device

Slcareco
10-03-2009, 11:54 AM
thanks for the replies, I already sent them out to be printed and put starting as low as 89.99 becuase true greens min for up to 5k is 100

Kennedy Landscaping
10-17-2009, 07:14 AM
I have tried different ways. I put prices on fliers a while back and got a great return. Before I did prices it wasn't so great. Just depends on your area.

topsites
10-18-2009, 01:11 AM
I realize we see the BS on TV all the time, let them folks play their game,
it has been my experience with catchy stuff we might outsmart ourselves,
for example you might come across to someone as a wise guy...

So I find the plain jane approach works best, stick to the business at hand and nothing more.
From my experience, customers appear to appreciate that the most as well.

At least in terms of an honest approach, after one addresses the business at hand there's just not a whole lot left.