PDA

View Full Version : Starting Herbicide and Fertilizer Program

Dman911
10-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Hi all,
My plan is to start a herbicide and fertilizer program. I am aware of the regulations for licensing here, so I will have thatall taken care of. My goal is to develop a mostly year round program for applications but also give the opportunity to get discounts through use of lawn service. My largest problem is that I have no clue what I am doing (other than 3way and pre spray). I would really like to keep this as "green" as possible, but know not everyone cares and really don't want to go broke over it. Does anyone have a setup for a program that they wouldn't mind sharing. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, every where I read says to sample the soil. Is this a kit that you do on your own, or do you have to send this in?

Thanks!

VARMIT COMMISSION
10-01-2009, 05:51 PM
http://www.soiltesting.okstate.edu/QandA.htm

check out this link

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-02-2009, 12:10 AM
dman, that is a long laundry list.
I would really start by doing a market analysis to see if your investment in licensing, equipment, etc would be worth it. If you feel so, then work on your licensing 1st - by reading the material you will get a better idea of what you are doing both scientifically and legally.