PDA

View Full Version : What seed recomendations for overseeding?

swilson
10-01-2009, 10:32 PM
OK.. I plan on overseeeding my lawn this weekend. I have a slit seeder rented to get the job done. I have mowed my grass extremely low and raked enire lawn to get up clippings. Any advice on what seed to produce good results. I have an irrigation system so watering will not be an issue. My lawn is a mix of sun and shade in central north carolina. I was debtaing on the Rebel's IV Turf Type Tall Fescue bought at Lowe's. Anymore ideas? Thanks in advance

FIRESCOOBY
10-02-2009, 12:36 AM
OK.. I plan on overseeeding my lawn this weekend. I have a slit seeder rented to get the job done. I have mowed my grass extremely low and raked enire lawn to get up clippings. Any advice on what seed to produce good results. I have an irrigation system so watering will not be an issue. My lawn is a mix of sun and shade in central north carolina. I was debtaing on the Rebel's IV Turf Type Tall Fescue bought at Lowe's. Anymore ideas? Thanks in advance

I've always had good luck with Lesco Transition.

Do 1/2 the seed going in one directions, then the other half perpendicular to the original direction.

Apply a good fert. Again, I like LESCO 18-24-12.

Water until the soil is really moist, but not soaked/ pooling water.

Did you do a soil analysis?