PDA

View Full Version : Spread the patch

Toy2
10-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Is it possible to spread brown patch by mowing? Some tell me yes, others no..........:confused:

Runner
10-02-2009, 03:29 PM
The answer is yes. The spores can be transferred.

Toy2
10-02-2009, 05:11 PM
The answer is yes. The spores can be transferred.So it would be wise to spray some alcohol on the blades between each yard?

Thanks

Smallaxe
10-03-2009, 09:24 AM
The spores are everywhere all the time - right now. Just like the common cold bug. When you get run down you let it win in your body. Sure schools breed them in large populations, but you need to be healthy enough to hug a child without getting sick.

Unhealthy lawns can get sick more easily and the additional spores may push it over the edge. Washing out the underdeck should be adequate. Alcohol on the blade is extreme, particularily since more spores will be in the nooks and crannies of the wheels.

Toy2
10-03-2009, 12:03 PM
The spores are everywhere all the time - right now. Just like the common cold bug. When you get run down you let it win in your body. Sure schools breed them in large populations, but you need to be healthy enough to hug a child without getting sick.

Unhealthy lawns can get sick more easily and the additional spores may push it over the edge. Washing out the underdeck should be adequate. Alcohol on the blade is extreme, particularily since more spores will be in the nooks and crannies of the wheels.So what your saying is I'm screwed unless I completely hose down the machines between yards..........which is not going to happen...

grassman177
10-04-2009, 12:26 AM
yeah, like we can afford to do that. that is not up to me, we treat yards for it as it happens, not try to prevent by washing our mowers down!!!!

Smallaxe
10-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Actually what I was saying is that:

It doesn't matter, you can't prevent it no matter how well you clean up the machine.

Correct cultural practices can, though.

Toy2
10-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Actually what I was saying is that:

It doesn't matter, you can't prevent it no matter how well you clean up the machine.

Correct cultural practices can, though.10-4 thanks for the info..

greenskeeper79
10-04-2009, 05:52 PM
disease triangle

http://www.extension.umn.edu/yardandgarden/YGLNews/images/diseasetriangle.gif