PDA

View Full Version : good rains = aerate 'em all now

americanlawn
10-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Hope many of you are getting needed rain now. Light rain here for the past 48 hours (3 inches of rain in the past 1 1/2 weeks). Cooler temps too so the soil will not dry up soon. We'll aerate all irrigated lawns next week. Then we'll aerate the non-irrigated lawns. We'll run 2 or 3 aeration crews for the next 3 weeks in order to get 'em all done. Then we'll knock out our winterizer fert app -- after that, we'll aerate new sign-up's. Hope to be about done by mid November. (Des Moines, IA)

Anybody else planning to do this? rscvp, thanks

Also: We still have one aerator for sale. I think it's 26 or 28 inch size (not the small one). See pic. It runs like new, and has been well maintained. Ready to go - sprockets, belts, etc all good + fresh Castrol syntec 5W-30. 4.0 Honda that uses no oil. Asking $1200. Reason for selling: We now use TURFCO aerators w/chariots. let me know, thanks :waving:

jfoxtrot9
10-02-2009, 06:41 PM
We've had about the same rain as you (finally!) I've been aerating all week, finally did some mowing yesterday, rained out all day today (!!), mow tomorrow then start plugging again next week.

Great aerating conditions!! And I love the LS machine. I almost have it paid for, yeehaw!

:walking:

americanlawn
10-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Yep -- you guys usually get the same precip sytems we get a day before. Ditto on the LS aerators too. TURFCO & Ryan need to offer similar units.......other wise??

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Be an aerating fool Larry! Great weather and soil conditions to do it, maybe even a little bit too soggy for the next day or so.
I did a bunch last week.