PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of my website?

pitrack
10-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Hey guys, any comments are welcome.
Thanks

http://www.cavanaughlandescapes.com/

Isobel
10-03-2009, 01:50 PM
I really like the layout of it, the pictures are great, and the flash is fantastic. the only problem that I can see right now is I dislike how you have to go back to the home page to jump anywhere else in the site. for example, if I was viewing the Gallery, and wanted to jump to Services, there is no Services link on the Gallery page. I would have to jump back home, and then over to Services.

pitrack
10-03-2009, 07:04 PM
I really like the layout of it, the pictures are great, and the flash is fantastic. the only problem that I can see right now is I dislike how you have to go back to the home page to jump anywhere else in the site. for example, if I was viewing the Gallery, and wanted to jump to Services, there is no Services link on the Gallery page. I would have to jump back home, and then over to Services.

Got ya, I will add buttons to every page, that was something I was thinking about adding.

Thanks for the input.

whoopassonthebluegrass
10-03-2009, 07:20 PM
** I would suggest you keep the company logo as your header on every page (branding) - and make IT link back to your index page (standard protocol).

** Make your email address a functional link.

** Do you have more variety of pictures? I look at the thumbnails and see just a couple of things: striping and a too-close-photos of a water feature .

Just some thoughts, take it or leave it.

pitrack
10-03-2009, 08:13 PM
** I would suggest you keep the company logo as your header on every page (branding) - and make IT link back to your index page (standard protocol).

** Make your email address a functional link.

** Do you have more variety of pictures? I look at the thumbnails and see just a couple of things: striping and a too-close-photos of a water feature .

Just some thoughts, take it or leave it.

Thank you I will change those

Kiril
10-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Can't view your site. Beyond the flash requirement, the active content JS is not a good idea. You need to have some type of graceful fall back.

pitrack
10-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Can't view your site. Beyond the flash requirement, the active content JS is not a good idea. You need to have some type of graceful fall back.

I have no idea how to fix that, I made the site using a free website designer template. I haven't heard of anyone saying they can't view it.